Raspberry Pi and Nextcloud syncactivity too many open files

Greetings!

I was wondering if you could give me a hand with I problem I’m facing with Nextcloud when syncing on the client side. I am quite new to this sort of setup with servers and I don’t know how to fix this issue.

I have installed Nextcloud via snap on a Raspberry pi 4 with Ubuntu Server 20.04, with a 2TB external Hard drive. At the beginning everything was perfect but now I am having constantly the same “Sync Activity” Error of “Too many open files”. Googleling I found the “ulimit” command and followed some guides but it still fails.

I do not understand this problem and I don’t know how to fix it. Can you give me hand?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

hey @Nmaex

you wouldn’t need to post your problem more than once --> Desktop App - too many files open if you’d follow nc-guidelines, nc-code of conduct and the template that would open if you’rfe opening a new thread.

meaning: we would need infos infos infos about your server (ncp will help you with providing infos!), environment, setup and maybe even errorlogs.

Oh sorry, I didn’t know a reply was used as a post already. I’d gladly provide with all the info needed but to be honest I am fairly new with this. Would it be possible to get any guideline to check all this info accurately? Sorry for any inconvenience