Quick and urgent question!

Hey quick question and pretty urgent as well

I had a problem that the download got stuck and stopped. In nextcloud outside the network
More about the problem: Strange Problems In Nextcloud I beg for help!

So they told me it was probably a problem in FreeNAS (the system I’m using)
And after many attempts of help from the forum here and the forum of FreeNAS
No one had a solution

FreeNAS 11.1 U5
nextcloud 13.0.4
And PHP 7.0.30 - still has the problem
And 7.2 - still have the problem
(Yes, I tried both with new installations)

So I thought to check what happens if I install the nextcloud on Ubuntu.
I installed through this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMx0Vw8Vbc
I installed on version 18.4 LTS
And PHP 7.1.17
nextcloud 13.0.4
(I installed on Ubuntu because it’s among the popular systems to install nextcloud)
And the problem continues with Unbuntu
In any case I did it worthwhile, to eliminate the problem in my installation of the nextcloud and the FreeNAS.

So I wanted to ask if my test logical Does this mean that the problem can be now only two things router or the ISP? Because while things I do not think it could be related to anything else

Thanks Itay

The problem is that you have a lot of parameters (operating system, network, Nextcloud) and each community isn’t expert of the other. So I’d try to separate them.

For example just set up a simple webserver (with/without SSL) on your local network and try to configure port forwarding. You need to figure out if your provider blocks ports 80 and 443. And when there is nothing special, it’s easier to get help from your provider or their community (with their specific router).

For the setup of Nextcloud, it can be done on different systems (Ubuntu, Debian, FreeBSD, centOS, …). A plain system has the advantage that there is a large community and it’s more likely to find help (FreeBSD vs. FreeNAS). Ubuntu is widely used, so that’s perhaps not bad, however the snap-stuff has the problem that you can’t easily adapt your configuration.

1 Like

If you had read about my problem, you would have seen that the problem was happening only outside the network
And within the network everything works fine
Then they told me that it was my ISP and I talked to them and said they did not block anything (I do not know
With believing them)

Anyway, I asked a simple question
Is it possible after all the tests and after all the installations in different settings and different systems have the same problem then probably it or Router or ISP
(Yes I have access to Nextcloud outside the network and the problem is downloads)

Sorry that I haven’t read everything in detail, there are often similar topics and it’s not always easy to keep them apart (and re-reading everything from the beginning would take too long).

Router or ISP are for sure an option. However, if you managed to push everything through FTP and the connection itself is working, then it’s not a complete configuration issue.

If possible, I’d try to figure out why the transfer stops, if the connection is lost or if you run into a timeout (transfer is slower than on internal network). If you are the only user, you could even run the webserver in debug mode and then you trigger the error.
In a first step, perhaps just put a static 5 GB file for download via http, if that works it could indicate some timeouts (php, database, …), if it doesn’t you can take a closer look at the connections and why they fail.

If your router provides a log file, check it out. Perhaps it is a firewall or intrusion detection system cutting off the connection.

I tried downloading through http. And through the external IP and my domain it happens
Unfortunately my router does not let you log on anything like that
But I plan to replace the router in the coming weeks (hopefully at least) to a better one
As for FTP do not forget that it works on port 21 and there are far fewer things to load in the background
And how do I get into debug mode? I want to try and see what he will give

And from what I remember I canceled all the firewall and all the defenses through the router and I will go over everything again and hope that I missed something and that was the problem all the time

Because I do not think it’s a problem in the nextcloud’s settings or systems because it’s the exact same problem on some systems and installations
So that’s why I rule out problems and settings and more problem settings in my ISP or router that does what it wants

For a plain file via http, it should be very straight forward as well. There are no additional modules loaded that can create problems. And if you debug, then you don’t get all the php stuff which makes the generated files quite large. You can enable this via the logging settings in apache. You can put it in debug mode. But don’t forget to turn it off after your tests.

How do I know a debug mode works? I never used it so I have no idea how to recognize that it works

The problem is my router !!!

?Do you know if someone has a TP-Link Router and if nextcloud and everything works great

.Because I’m the new router I’m going to switch to is TP-Link and I do not want problems with him either