QueryException Could not resolve OCA Files_Trashbin Trash ITrashManager

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 28.0.2.5
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): ubuntu-server 22.04.3
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): NGinx
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.2.14

The issue you are facing:

[no app in context] Fehler: Could not load event listener service OCA\Files\Listener\SyncLivePhotosListener: Could not resolve OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager! Class "OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager" does not exist. Make sure the class is auto-loadable by the Nextcloud server container
von ? von -- um 2024-02-01T16:10:05+01:00

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y (since update from 27 → 28)

Steps to replicate it:

1. I updated 27.1.6 to 28.0.2

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[no app in context] Fehler: Could not load event listener service OCA\Files\Listener\SyncLivePhotosListener: Could not resolve OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager! Class "OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager" does not exist. Make sure the class is auto-loadable by the Nextcloud server container
	von ? von -- um 2024-02-01T16:10:05+01:00

The app “deleted files” is disabled and deleted → admin settings → apps

Restart fpm if you just upgraded. That’s generally/often needed after replacing all the application code due to caching in PHP.

The app “deleted files” is disabled and deleted → admin settings → apps

Well that might also explain why the Class for it can’t be found. :slight_smile:

SyncLivePhotosListener

It’s possible there is an unintentional dependency here on the trashbin/deleted files app. I haven’t looked closely.

ok deactivating this app (if you don’t want it) should be optional and no problem for the logging process - no “errors” IMHO.

Till version 27.x i don’t need to activate deleted files, so why should it be nescessary now?

So how to tell nextcloud to ignore the “missing” trashbin?

I agree you’re probably correct. I suggest creating a bug report to clean up that dependency.

here you are, the issue is open

2 Likes

Question to the Community,

the issue is still open in NC Update 28.0.3 and there is (for the moment) no solution coming up the horizon …

Is it possible to change any parameters / values concerning logging in config.php to supress such issue messages. I don’t want to kill all “Error” messages by turning log level from 3 to 4 (FATAL) to leave my logfile small.
Is there a mechanism in nextcloud to (out) select these missing class messages?

Thanks for your time and your ideas!!

artonge closed this as completed in #44069 2 days ago :partying_face:

After the update to 28.0.4 i see still / again errors like the following one

QueryException
Could not resolve OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager! Class “OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager” does not exist
Could not load event listener service OCA\Files\Listener\SyncLivePhotosListener: Could not resolve OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager! Class “OCA\Files_Trashbin\Trash\ITrashManager” does not exist. Make sure the class is auto-loadable by the Nextcloud server container

So i think the closed issue was not part of the latest 28 but not earlier than NC 29?

It appears the backport to v28 got missed. Looking into now…