Public share asks for user name after upgrade to 15.0.7

Nextcloud version 15.0.7
Operating system and version: CentOS7
Apache or nginx version: Apache (need to confirm version)
PHP version : need to confirm

The issue you are facing: After upgrading from Nextcloud 14.0.7 (?) to Nextcloud 15.0.7, I create a public share, apply a password, copy the link, and send it to the people I want to share with. When they click the link, it takes them to a browser screen where they are prompted to ener a user name and password. In Nextcloud 14, the same actions with the same share permissions would take them to a browser screen where they were prompted to enter the password without having to enter a user name. I do not have any of the social sharing apps installed or enabled so don’t believe this is the same issue as reported where disabling the social sharing apps fixed the problem.

There were no changes to any settings. When someone tries to follow the public share link this error shows the following. Note that I’ve replaced actual email addresses and IPs with generic content.
[core] Warning: Login failed: 'user_email_address’ (Remote IP: ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’)

POST /index.php/login?redirect_url=/index.php/apps/files/%3Fdir%3D/%26fileid%3D243&user=user_email_address
from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at 2019-05-07T14:36:29-05:00

What I am missing? Or was the public share functionality changed in the 15.0.7 version?
Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

I have exactly same problem with NC 16.0.5. I have no idea how to fix it. I need to share pictures with other peoples even without password with limited time.

If someone has any fix beside common “reinstall all over again” please share it.

Thank you