Project Management

:ok_hand: :clap:

it is partly a philosopical point, why nunoleite has such a problem (and me too).
NC is user centric. You work in your account and share this with others.
But nunoleite want to work project centric.

And me too. So our workflow regularly breaks in the NC structure.

With files it is quite easy to solve this. Make a folder, share it with the group and everybody must upload new files through this folder and not share. If this person disappear the folder content stays.

But with the rest, it start to become bulky. Calender you can still share, but you need to touch it for every new group. Notes you need to touch each single task.
Contacts you can design a specific address book. Maybe this work as a group, but again you need to touch it each time, if you have a new contact.

Bookmarks I can’t even find an option to share.

Don’t get me wrong. I do not want to criticize the NC philososphy as it works for a lot of use cases.

But I would like to have an option to define a project mode. Maybe as a dummy user.
Everything, what you do in this workspace will be automatically assigned to a group project

I don’t know, how difficult it would be to realise this. But maybe it is possible that all stuff is owned by a user project_A. And if you make a new element, the ownership will be transferred to this project_A user.

If I would able to program it by myself, I would not waste my and your time by posting this and proudly present my solution here.

I can offer financial support. So if nunoleite or some other users would like to contribute, this would maybe lead to some new stuff.

And maybe NC itself see the advantage to offer a project based workflow. NC move more and more from just a fileserver to an ERP-System. So project based will become more and more a topic.

2 Likes

Can tags work here? Essentially, making a tag-centric workflow? Tag a folder with “project 1” and everyone tagged with “project 1” gets access.

That’s been my hope but I haven’t setup NC yet to see if it can be done.

Hi!
Yes, i could support the project financially.
I’m not using Nextcloud as a company, but to my own projects, but I’m interested in that development, so i could invest on that functionality.
Thanks

You could do this a few ways off the top of my head:

• Create a group called Project1. Invite the users you want to it.
  • Create a circle for Project1. Invite the users you want to it.
  • Make a combination of the above. Add them to a project under your share settings. Once you’ve actually used Nextcloud it’ll make more sense. Good luck.