[Production] built-in updater to Nextcloud 14.x.x

Hello everybody :slight_smile:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 13.08
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Debian 9.6
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.25
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.0

The issue you are facing: In production mode (same for stable), the built-in updater does not propose me to upgrade to Nextcloud 14.x.x.

Is it normal ? N14 is out for a while now, is it still considered as beta ?

Thanks for your help !

well this question was asked (and answered) on the forum a lot before so pls try to use the searchfunction more often before posting :wink:

for all questions around release channels don’t hesitate to refer to https://nextcloud.com/release-channels/

if you don’t like the speed of production-channel (and stable) you’re free to switch to which other channel ever. but don’t complain afterwards.

and IF devs decide that NC14 isn’t yet ready to be featured on production-channel i totally trust them. they have their reasons and causes which i don’t dare to question. i’d rather stay to production-channel than experiencing troubles and issues with a new version. even more so under production-channel than anywhere else. i’d like to have a really stable release, especially when it comes to major-releases.

so this has absolutely nothing to do with being “beta” at all.

If I quote this from 10 september:

We roll out incrementally, that is, today only 20% of the Nextcloud installations gets notified. If no problems are found, we will add another 20% or so later this week and probably go full out next week.

We are 3 months later, that’s why I’m asking if it is normal or not. And the search function of this forum (neither search engine) return an answer to this question.

But thanks for the response :slight_smile:

this is valid for stable release. plus it is just a plan. if something would turn out as being a problem the delivery would be stopped until next minor-release.

i dunno what exactly you put in at the search field but if i’d put release nextcloud 14 stable there it would return several threads.