Problems with the .htccess file after updating to 29.0.0

Nextcloud version _29.0.0
Operating system and version _DietPi v9.3.0
Apache or nginx version _ Apache/2.4.59 (Debian)

PHP version _PHP 8.2.18

The issue you are facing:
After updating nextcloud to 29.0.0 i see this error message

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve `.well-known` URLs, failed on: `/.well-known/webfinger`

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

After following the documentation and paste these lines to my .haccess file

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/carddav /nextcloud/remote.php/dav [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/caldav /nextcloud/remote.php/dav [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/webfinger /nextcloud/index.php/.well-known/webfinger [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/nodeinfo /nextcloud/index.php/.well-known/nodeinfo [R=301,L]
</IfModule>

there still is the error message

thank you in advance

i have the same error too

I am running Nextcloud App in Truenas Scale, and I am seeing a similary .htaccess error in the Overview tab when I login into Nextcloud.

" * Your data directory and files are probably accessible from the internet. The .htaccess file is not working. It is strongly recommended that you configure your web server so that the data directory is no longer accessible, or move the data directory outside the web server document root."

This has only occurred since updating to Nextcloud 29.0.0.
I looked at some forums about having to edit the apache2.conf to resolve the issue, but since Nextcloud in running in Kubernates Docker container so that any changes I make would be lost when the service is restarted.

For reference the solution appears to be to edit /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and ensure the following lines:

I am running Nextcloud App in Truenas Scale, and I am seeing a similary .htaccess error in the Overview tab when I login into Nextcloud.

" * Your data directory and files are probably accessible from the internet. The .htaccess file is not working. It is strongly recommended that you configure your web server so that the data directory is no longer accessible, or move the data directory outside the web server document root."

This has only occurred since updating to Nextcloud 29.0.0.
I looked at some forums about having to edit the apache2.conf to resolve the issue, but since Nextcloud in running in Kubernates Docker container so that any changes I make would be lost when the service is restarted.

For reference the solution appears to be to edit /etc/apache2/apache2.conf and ensure the following lines:

<Directory /var/www/nextcloud>
AllowOverride All

<Directory /var/www/nextcloud>
      AllowOverride All
</Directory>

I have the same error and my data directory is not within the web server document root.
Edit: My problem seems to be related to #45087.