Problems with NCP Update IP4 IP6 SPDYN Problems with Updating in the Fritzbox Docker

@nachoparker
@all

Initial situation.

NCP: 1.34.7
NC: 20.0.7.1
NCP in Docker
SPDYN IP4 and IP6 activated
Fritzbox 7490 IP4 and IP6 (native) activated
PC with AMD Ryzen 5 3600
32 GB RAM

I have a little problem with NCP and updating my SPDYn address.

Due to the fact that the Android app obviously has huge problems if IP6 is not activated on the router, I have now decided to activate IP6 on my Fritzbox 7490.

I also activated ports 80 and 443 in the Fritzbox.

First I activated the update of my spdyn address in the Fritzbox for the daily update of my IP address (SPDYN). That works great.

At the same time I transferred my access data for SPDYN in NCP for updating and saved it there for updating (CRON).

My problem now is that in this initial situation I cannot log into the home network with my SPDYN address, but only with my local IP address.

If I switch off the SPDY updater in the Fritzbox, the registration with the Spdyn address in the home network works wonderfully. However, I discovered that NCP was not updating my Spdyn address.

This problem - I suspect - is related to the problem that SPDYN no longer asks for the host name and the token when updating an IP4 and IP6 address, but rather the login data for the account, i.e. email address and password.

In the depths of NCP, under NCP / Network there spDYN.sh I could find the following:

### Usage
#
# Recommended usage: ./spdnsUpdater.sh <hostname> <token>
# Alternative usage: ./spdnsUpdater.sh <hostname> <user> <passwd> (not implemented)
#

I am assuming that NCP does not support the updating of IP4 and IP6 at the same time.

So I switched off updating under NCP.

But then I still have problems logging into the home network with my host name.

How can I solve this problem?

It is not just a problem of “my” own comfort, but I seem to need IP6, because otherwise I cannot log in with my Lenovo YOGA TAB 3 Pro from outside (at least from Ver. 3.14 see rating and comments in the Google Play Store).

Thank you very much

Django43 +

Nun auf Deutsch:

Ausgangssituation.

NCP: 1.34.7
NC: 20.0.7.1
NCP in Docker
SPDYN IP4 und IP6 aktiviert
Fritzbox 7490 IP4 und IP6 (nativ) aktiviert
PC mit AMD Ryzen 5 3600
32 GB RAM

Ich habe ein kleines Problem mit NCP und dem Updaten meiner SPDYn Adresse.

Aufgrund der Tatsache, dass offensichtlich die Android App riesige Probleme hat, wenn IP6 am Router nicht freigeschaltet wird, habe ich mich entschieden nunmehr an meiner Fritzbox 7490 IP6 zu aktivieren.

Ebenfalls habe ich in der Fritzbox die Ports 80 und 443 freigeschaltet.

Zunächst habe ich zum täglichen updaten meiner IP Adresse (SPDYN) in der Fritzbox das Updaten meiner spdynadresse aktiviert. Das funktioniert hervorragend.

Gleichzeitig habe ich in NCP fĂĽr das Aktualisieren meine Zugangsdaten fĂĽr SPDYN ĂĽbergeben und dort zur Aktualisierung (CRON) gespeichert.

Mein Problem ist nunmehr, dass ich bei dieser Ausgangssituation mich nicht mit meiner SPDYN-Adresse im Heimnetzwerk anmelden kann, sondern nur mit meiner lokalen IP-Adresse.

Wenn ich den SPDY Updater in der Fritzbox ausschalte, funktioniert die Anmeldung mit der Spdyn-Adresse im Heimnetzwerk wunderbar. Jedoch musste ich feststellen, dass NCP meine Spdyn-Adresse nicht aktualisiert.

Dieses Problem - so vermute ich - hängt mit dem Problem zusammen, dass SPDYN bei der Aktualisierung einer IP4 und IP6 Adresse nunmehr nicht mehr den Hostnamen und den Token abfragt, sondern vielmehr die Logindaten für den Account, also Mailadresse und Passwort.

In den Tiefen von NCP, unter NCP/Network dort spDYN.sh konnte ich folgendes finden:

### Usage
#
#	Recommended usage:	./spdnsUpdater.sh <hostname> <token>
#	Alternative usage:	./spdnsUpdater.sh <hostname> <user> <passwd> (not implemented)
#

Ich gehe davon aus, dass insoweit NCP das Updaten von IP4 und gleichzeitig IP6 nicht unterstĂĽtzt.

Ich habe also dann das Updaten unter NCP ausgeschaltet.

Ich habe dann aber immer noch Probleme beim Anmelden im Heimnetzwerk mit meinem Hostnamen.

Wie kann ich dieses Problem lösen?

Es handelt sich insoweit nicht nur um ein Problem “meiner” eigenen Bequemlichkeit, sondern ich scheine IP6 zu benötigen, weil ich ansonsten mit meinem Lenovo YOGA TAB 3 Pro mich nicht von außerhalb anmelden kann (zumindest ab der Ver. 3.14 siehe Bewertung und Kommentare im Google Play Store).

Danke schön

Django43+

The implementation seems only to support the hostname and token method. If it doesn’t work, it should show an error message, is there any return to the command when you are running it?

This script just takes one ip address, the one that is prioritized by your system:

wget -qO- http://checkip.spdyn.de

can be either an v4 or v6 address. You can manually change the line 78 into

current_ip=$(wget -4 -qO- "$get_ip_url");

current_ip=$(wget -6 -qO- "$get_ip_url");

to explicitly update one or the other.

Not sure if that is suitable for ipv6. I’d create a report in the bug tracker and ask for explicit support for dual stack systems.

I can’t help regarding NCP and spdyn but I have good experience with AVM integrated “myFritz” dyndns solution NC not reachable over Domain (IPv6) - #2 by wwe together with splitbraindns for fast local access… I can’t really judge how it works with really dynamic public IP as here in Switzerland we got pseudo permanent IP so doesn’t changes frequently… but in my eyes the router is the best device to change the DNS record as it knows when to do so…