Problems installing NC 11.0.3 from scratch

Hi,

I am trying to install NC with occ as described under “Installing from the comand line”.
When I do not specify --database I get the message “database “sqlite” not supported” (The default seems to be assumed).
With --database “mysql” I get the message “Database “mysql” not supported”.
What database is supported, what do I have to specify, repectively?

Thanks for any hints.
K.D.J.

You probably need to enable the specific pdo modules, check the manual installation docs.

Thank you for your hint.
Based on the information I found in various threads I added

extension=pdo.so
extension=mysqli.so

to my php.ini. And that helped a little bit.

Now I get a the following php-error messages, that don’t help me as I never dug that deep into php.

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/lib/php/20151012/mysqli.so’ - /usr/lib/php/20151012/mysqli.so: undefined symbol: mysqlnd_connect in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module ‘PDO’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module ‘mysqli’ already loaded in Unknown on line 0
Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
No database drivers (sqlite, mysql, or postgresql) installed.

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:144
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(89): OC\Console \Application->loadCommands(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(’/var/www/nextcl…’)
#2 {main}

Do you have any idea on what else I have to do?

Please use the documentation https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html

I found a solution for the PHP-problem:
It is obviously necessary to enable also mysqlnd and that before enabling mysqli. Thus

extension=mysqlnd.so
extension=msqli.so

solved the startup problem of PHP.

However I still get the message

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:144
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(89): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(’/var/www/nextcl…’)
#2 {main}

I assume that some entry in config.php is not correct. Is there a way of getting a clue on what exactly is missing or wrong? The stack trace is not helpful at all.