Problems after Fedora update with php 7.2

I updated my system with nextcloud 13.0.2 running fine in Fedora 27 to Fedora 28. Afterwards I’m stuck in maintenance login. I had that before when upgrading php from 7.0 to 7.1 on Fedora 27 while running nextcloud 12.0.4. In this case there is no downgrade of php to 7.1 within the standard fedora repo.

Nextcloud status:
# sudo -u nginx php ./occ status
- installed: true
- version: 13.0.2.1
- versionstring: 13.0.2
- edition:

PHP version:
# php --version
PHP 7.2.4 (cli) (built: Mar 27 2018 13:10:41) ( NTS )

I checked the versioncheck.php and PHP 7.2 should be fine. Wether in nextcloud.log nginx access.log and error.log nor in php-fpm error.log I can find any hints to the error.

Where should I look for errors instead?

Thanks in advance.
kyoshiro

Did you try to switch maintenance mode off?

sudo -u nginx php ./occ maintenance:mode --off

sometimes it helps to run the upgrade command (it just checks the databases and does nothing when you are already on the correct version, but I have the impression it removes some switch that triggers maintenance mode):

sudo -u nginx php ./occ upgrade

When you upgraded to php 7.2, make sure that all required modules are installed (normally some errors should pop up, perhaps increase log level of webserver and php). List of required modules (some apps might require additional modules):
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html#prerequisites-for-manual-installation

Thanks for the input! I am afraid to say, but that’s exactly what I already tried, switch maintenance mode on and off again (sounds weird, but sometimes does the trick) and also tried another upgrade call. Without luck yesterday.

Someone might heard me anyway because today I got an update from fedora tree with php-7.2.5 packages!

Afterwards Nextcloud 13.0.2.1 became fully functional again!

kyoshiro

[UPDATE] Fedora 28 + Nextcloud 13.0.2.1: works as expected. Check!