Problematic versions in the appstore (1.9.5 and 2.0.0)

Currently we have some problems with the appstore releases 2.0.0 and 1.9.5, which could end in a migration error or a broken polls installation (depending on the installed NC version).

We are about to fix this over the weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

You can get track of the progress here:

Version 1.9.7 for NC19 and Version 2.0.1 for NC20/21 are available for manually update. See

and

Sorry for the confusion and thanks agailn for your patience.

Thanks. Manual installion of “polls” works for me.

Hi,
I am not very experienced user. I updated the polls app yesterday, and now the WebUI of my Nextcloud is broken, internal server error.
And…occ is broken too. Apparently this is connected to the polls app:

“An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Interface ‘OCP\AppFramework\Bootstrap\IBootstrap’ not found in /www/htdocs/w0078c71/cloud/apps/polls/lib/AppInfo/Application.php:37”

I dont use the polls app at all these days, so removing it completely is an option. But how to do without Web interface or occ?

Regards

Sebastian

Edit: Nevermind. Deleted the app via ftp. I can login now

The solution works. Thank you very much.

Here are the more detailed step-by-step instrucions for the not experienced ones:

1. Open a terminal or log in to the server via ssh, with a user that have rights to the web folder containing your Nextcloud installation, this is usually a user with sudo privileges

2. Assuming that:

• your Nextcloud installation is at: /var/www/nextcloud,
  • the user running the webserver and owns the Nextcloud files is: www-data
  1. The Nextcloud instance should be already in maintenance mode, but make it sure:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

manual: Using the occ command — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

1. Disable the polls app:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ app:disable polls

manual: Using the occ command — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

1. Backup and delete the app
sudo tar -czvf polls-2.0.0-broken.tar.gz /var/www/nextcloud/apps/polls
sudo rm -r /var/www/nextcloud/apps/polls
  1. Download, extract, move in place and adjust rights of the fixed v2.0.2 version
wget https://github.com/nextcloud/polls/releases/download/v2.0.2/polls-2.0.2.tar.gz
tar -xvf polls-2.0.2.tar.gz
sudo mv polls /var/www/nextcloud
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud/apps/polls
  1. Enable the app and switch off maintenance mode
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ app:enable polls
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

Check the properly running Nextcloud and the polls app, plus the proper v2.0.2 version under the Application settings.
+1. In case there is an unfinished Nextcloud upgrade than you can finish it most probably with running the upgrade again

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

Now you can delete the backupped polls-2.0.0-broken.tar.gz file created at the 5th step.

…and thats it.

1 Like

Please see Poll 2.0.2 gets error NotAuthorizedException · Issue #1753 · nextcloud/polls · GitHub