Problem with slow server, after install collabora

Hi.
I installed a fresh instance of the latest nextcloud today. Everything worked fine. I connected to the external base. However, when I exposed the traffic to the world via loadbalancer, the page loads endlessly. This is an internal network. I would like to add that previously I installed different versions and always after installing the collabora add-on and connecting to the world the site was impossible to use. It was able to load for 10 minutes. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Php 7.4
Latest NC
apache2

could you please explain the statement before?

In the past built-in CODE server was known to cause reasonable slow-down… have no idea about current situation - I always use dedicated CODE container, which runs fine.

is heading EOL - consider updating…

I tried to test collabora and the result was the same, unusable due the poor performance. Did a lot of changes in the config but no success, if you solve the problem please share, would be fine to take a look to collabora.

Well. I’m installing collabora, then my server is down. Page loading 20 min, high ms. When i disable, all back to normals.

Now im uinstall all package. And trying this code from link:

for debian10. But idk, what i should do in step 4. What editing? Is this code, about you say?
Can u help me ?

we are here to help each other but there is no way to do so if you don’t provide insights what are you doing. e.g.

provides absolutely no value to understand what are you doing and why the problem occurs. please provide logs and configuration from required support template and use search function there are lot of useful discussions around Collabora integration and possible reasons for system slow down…

there are multiple components involved into office integration: there is Collabora which is “back-end”, there is richdocuments app which is the glue between Nextcloud and Collabora and there are different variants of Collabora e.g. Nextcloud built-in, native install, Docker image etc… you should provide as many details as you have so others can understand your problem and help you to fix your system.

Hello,

i got the same problem: after installing collabora my nextcloud instance is unusable… here is what i have done:

Installation with portainer stack

version : '2'

volumes:
  nextcloud:
  db:

services:
  db:
    image: mariadb
    restart: always

volumes:
      - /volume1/docker/nextcloud/appdata:/var/lib/mysql
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=passwrd
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=pass
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
      - MYSQL_USER=nextcloud

cloud:
      image: nextcloud
      restart: always
      ports:
        - myport:80
      links:
        - db
      volumes:
        - /volume1/docker/nextcloud/data:/var/www/html
      environment:

- MYSQL_PASSWORD=pass
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
      - MYSQL_USER=nextcloud
      - MYSQL_HOST=db

The installation runs smoothly but as soon as i hit the cummunity package button for installation that also installs collabora the whole nextcloud instance becomes unresponsive and so slow you would think it is dead.

Used System: Synology 720+ with 512gb nvme cache for read/write and 18gb ram.
Container in docker is run with high priority and 12 gb assigned ram for fun.

The only thing I did was following the installation process …

Hope someone can help me.

greets,

integrated CODE app is often blamed to make Nextcloud unresponsive. As you run docker already I would recommend you to use dedicated CODE container. here is my little dated example with traefik reverse proxy: Docker Compose for Nextcloud + Collabora + Traefik? - #2 by wwe

2 Likes

Problem with slow server, solved.
u need set wopi url through te occ command:

sudo -u www-data php occ config:app:set richdocuments wopi_url **************