Problem with push notifications on mobile

Hello,
We have problem with push notifications on both iOS and Android.

The problem is that some users are not getting push notifications from Nextcloud Talk.

context:
We deployed an instance of Nextcloud on our VPS. All was going smoothly, until i accidentally executed

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /

as you probably know that essentially forced me to extract the data and database from VPS and reinstall the OS.
After that fiasco, i restored the whole instance including the orignal Nextcloud files folder.

After a few weeks we found out that not everybody was getting push notifications from NC Talk.
That means i as admin have been getting notifications on iOS but some of my colleagues just didn’t.

I did the obvious: restart VPS, relogin on all devices, clear the cache, reinstall NC apps. tried disabling and enabling the notification app in out NC instance, none of that worked.

So i started looking through forums and found this

That gave me the idea to look into /data/appdata_oc…/identityproof.
After looking over the user files i discovered these files contain the private and public keys for https://push-notifications.nextcloud.com.
Then i discovered that i have 2 folders appdata_oc… I don’t know if that’s a problem, because in one of the folders the /identityproof has some users duplicated, but it doesn’t contain new users that we created since the fiasco with the chown command.

if i modify these folders and merge the users inside can it fix my problem?

Running: Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS
PHP: 7.2
MySQL
Apache 2.4.29
NC: 17.0.3
Any help is very appreciated.

Hi @Samabo!
Did you find a solution for your problem? I ask since I am struggling with the same issues.
Cheers!