Problem updating Nextcloud Snap

I am unable to manually update the Nextcloud snap on a Nextcloud Box. Starting with a fresh image I did a apt-get update/upgrade and then snap refresh ubuntu-core and then logged into Nextcloud with no problem. Then did snap refresh nextcloud and now I can’t login and nmap shows port 80 is closed. Tried rebooting and worse, tried snap revert nextcloud and port 80 is still closed meaning the box is effectively bricked.

Here is the syslog output during a refresh:

Oct 1 20:59:49 PiCloud snap[3346]: runtime: this CPU has no floating point hardware, so it cannot run
Oct 1 20:59:49 PiCloud snap[3346]: this GOARM=6 binary. Recompile using GOARM=5.
Oct 1 20:59:49 PiCloud systemd[1]: snap.nextcloud.apache.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Oct 1 20:59:49 PiCloud systemd[1]: snap.nextcloud.apache.service: Unit entered failed state.

This explains why port 80 is closed but I’m using a Raspberry Pi 2 so it doesn’t make much sense. Are there multiple binary snaps available and the automated refresh is smart enough to pick the right one? I don’t see any alternates in the snap store but that might explain why no one else seems to be reporting this problem.

FWIW, the nextcloud snap works great on a Intel NUC so this seems to be a Raspberry Pi/Box problem.

Snap experts? @oparoz

Hello, I’m sorry that you were affected by this problem, you can read more about it here:

Thanks, glad to know it’s not me :slight_smile:

Yeah and it’s really bad timing as well because Boxes have started to ship… Won’t be a problem any more once we migrate to Ubuntu Core in a month.

Cool, I didn’t know that. Need a tester?

We’ll probably make an announcement once we’re closer to the release date :slight_smile: