Problem SMB/CIFS : Storage unauthorized

Hello,

Following a problem on my debian, I preferred to rebuild a Nextcloud VM under Ubuntu Server 20.04LTS, PHP8.

Everything went well until the SMB/CIFS setup. I have several error messages but can’t find a solution

External storage not available: Invalid request for /Nextcloud/ (InvalidArgumentException)

Icewind\SMB\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: Invalid request for /Nextcloud/ (InvalidArgumentException)

Icewind\SMB\Exception\ConnectionAbortedException: /

External storage not available: Storage unauthorized. /

OCP\Files\StorageAuthException: Storage unauthorized. /

I got these logs from the logging apps

Same here on a Raspi4 with RaspiOS 11 (Bullseye) and NC 23.0.3.2 (Problem exist since update from 23.0.2).

Hi @FullMetal

are u using the automated nextcloud install from ubuntu server ?

If yes, you are running smb vs nextcloud container ( i believe it is a snap ). The problem is that it has to be inside the snap, which is self-contained and doesn’t pay attention at all to the outside environment. Installing smbclient in the outside environment is pretty worthless for this…

A few month ago I have tried to use ubuntu servers 20.04lts going full snap on a bare metal… Well, it didn’t go well for my test. Adding complexity over complexity …

Seem’s you reach some of the blocking points i reach too…

I did not found any fix for this smg/snap share problems… sorry can’t help.

Did you find a solution? I have they same symptoms.

Same problem in version 25.0.4

Error index Icewind\SMB\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: Invalid request for {patch_to_photo} (InvalidArgumentException)