Problem mounting a SMB share that is not located on a C drive

Version: Nextcloud Hub 7 (28.0.4)
Webserver: Apache/2.4.57
PHP: PHP 8.2.7

I am currently trying to mount a shared folder from my Windows server. But for any weird reason I am not able to mount it using the app “External storage support”!

Then I recognized that I am able to mount a share that is located on a desktop of a user - works just fine! As soon as I am sharing a folder on my data disks, it is not possible anymore (same permissions on both folders).

I saw a discussion on Github that there was an issue a few years ago and I saw an advice to enable “Show hidden files”. Didn’t work for me :frowning:

Any advice what I can do? I want that shared folder for sure on my data disks and not somewhere else.

well I think it might not be a problem of NC.

Usually you need to mount external drives to an internal mountpoint and then you can mount them to nextcloud. see the man mount -command for getting to know how to do that correctly (and permanent). Or you might wanna google a solution?

And when I read “not located on C-Drive” I remember there was some Windows-“speciality” with that once. BUt I can’t remember more.

Interesting would be how the drives are formatted… Well… as I said I see it primarily as a Linux-problem