Problem installing nextcloud. It has not left me after all it gives me an error and does not finish installing

I have come to install the nextcloud and in the end after giving it the data from the database etc instead of finishing it has told me the following and will not let me continue, it is maddening.

Internal Server Error.
The server was unable to complete your request.

Etc

Request ID: YSjyvnU2QumZ0TfxQdaq

I have done what it says here

It doesn’t work for me and I don’t know what to do?

Thank you very much.

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2):
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

You have to see the nextcloud.log file for this error.
This file is in the data folder you choose while installing nextcloud.
By default it’s /var/www/nextcloud/data but it is a bad idea to keep the default data folder.

You should follow more explicit How To Install nextcloud topic like this one

Or using a Virtual Machine with Nextcloud already builded up by @enoch85

1 Like

Hello.

Where is that file?
I have installed it on an external drive on a rasberry pi 3.
I have given him permissions and indicated the path to the data on the external drive.
If you tell me where the log file is, I look for it and send it to you.
thank you very much.

Hello good day. I have found the file here I send it to you to see if you can help me.

(Attachment nextcloud.log is missing)

Just copy paste here the few last lines of it.
Every lines begin with REF

Edit i didn’t receive your file

These are the last lines.
There is nothing starting with REF.
I have searched the entire document with the option to search.

Do you need more lines?

18T17:24:47+00:00",“remoteAddr”:“192.168.1.123”,“user”:"–",“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/nextcloud/",“message”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Call to undefined method OC_Util::checkDataDirectoryPermissions()”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:658,“function”:“checkServer”,“class”:“OC_Util”,“type”:"::",“args”:[{“class”:“OC\SystemConfig”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:1089,“function”:“init”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:36,“args”:["/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/util.php",“Line”:810,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux armv7l) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Raspbian Chromium/78.0.3904.108 Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“18.0.3.0”}
{“reqId”:“YSjyvnU2QumZ0TfxQdaq”,“level”:3,“time”:“2020-04-18T17:24:47+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.1.123”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/nextcloud/",“message”:{“Exception”:“Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException”,“Message”:“Unable to generate a URL for the named route “settings.Help.help” as such route does not exist.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:339,“function”:“generate”,“class”:“Symfony\Component\Routing\Generator\UrlGenerator”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“settings.Help.help”,[],1]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/URLGenerator.php",“line”:82,“function”:“generate”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“settings.Help.help”,[]]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/NavigationManager.php",“line”:203,“function”:“linkToRoute”,“class”:“OC\URLGenerator”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“settings.Help.help”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/NavigationManager.php",“line”:114,“function”:“init”,“class”:“OC\NavigationManager”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/theming/lib/ThemingDefaults.php",“line”:182,“function”:“getAll”,“class”:“OC\NavigationManager”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“guest”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/defaults.php",“line”:263,“function”:“getShortFooter”,“class”:“OCA\Theming\ThemingDefaults”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/public/Defaults.php",“line”:169,“function”:“getLongFooter”,“class”:“OC_Defaults”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/core/templates/layout.guest.php",“line”:55,“function”:“getLongFooter”,“class”:“OCP\Defaults”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php",“line”:179,“args”:["/var/www/html/nextcloud/core/templates/layout.guest.php"],“function”:“include”},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php",“line”:151,“function”:“load”,“class”:“OC\Template\Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:["/var/www/html/nextcloud/core/templates/layout.guest.php",null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/template.php",“line”:181,“function”:“fetchPage”,“class”:“OC\Template\Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:[null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/template.php",“line”:212,“function”:“fetchPage”,“class”:“OC_Template”,“type”:"->",“args”:[null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php",“line”:132,“function”:“fetchPage”,“class”:“OC_Template”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/template.php",“line”:333,“function”:“printPage”,“class”:“OC\Template\Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:79,“function”:“printExceptionErrorPage”,“class”:“OC_Template”,“type”:"::",“args”:[{“class”:“Error”},500]}],“File”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/routing/Generator/UrlGenerator.php",“Line”:144,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux armv7l) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Raspbian Chromium/78.0.3904.108 Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“18.0.3.0”}
{“reqId”:“YSjyvnU2QumZ0TfxQdaq”,“level”:3,“time”:“2020-04-18T17:24:47+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.1.123”,“user”:"–",“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/nextcloud/",“message”:{“Exception”:“Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException”,“Message”:“Unable to generate a URL for the named route “photos.page.index” as such route does not exist.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:339,“function”:“generate”,“class”:“Symfony\Component\Routing\Generator\UrlGenerator”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“photos.page.index”,[],1]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/URLGenerator.php",“line”:82,“function”:“generate”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“photos.page.index”,[]]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/NavigationManager.php",“line”:293,“function”:“linkToRoute”,“class”:“OC\URLGenerator”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“photos.page.index”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/NavigationManager.php",“line”:114,“function”:“init”,“class”:“OC\NavigationManager”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/theming/lib/ThemingDefaults.php",“line”:182,“function”:“getAll”,“class”:“OC\NavigationManager”,“type”:"->",“args”:[“guest”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/defaults.php",“line”:263,“function”:“getShortFooter”,“class”:“OCA\Theming\ThemingDefaults”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/public/Defaults.php",“line”:169,“function”:“getLongFooter”,“class”:“OC_Defaults”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/core/templates/layout.guest.php",“line”:55,“function”:“getLongFooter”,“class”:“OCP\Defaults”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php",“line”:179,“args”:["/var/www/html/nextcloud/core/templates/layout.guest.php"],“function”:“include”},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php",“line”:151,“function”:“load”,“class”:“OC\Template\Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:["/var/www/html/nextcloud/core/templates/layout.guest.php",null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/template.php",“line”:181,“function”:“fetchPage”,“class”:“OC\Template\Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:[null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/template.php",“line”:212,“function”:“fetchPage”,“class”:“OC_Template”,“type”:"->",“args”:[null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Template/Base.php",“line”:132,“function”:“fetchPage”,“class”:“OC_Template”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/template.php",“line”:333,“function”:“printPage”,“class”:“OC\Template\Base”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:79,“function”:“printExceptionErrorPage”,“class”:“OC_Template”,“type”:"::",“args”:[{“class”:“Error”},500]}],“File”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/routing/Generator/UrlGenerator.php",“Line”:144,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux armv7l) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Raspbian Chromium/78.0.3904.108 Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“18.0.3.0”}
{“reqId”:“n1O9vkxa8KKZ6r1R2yCc”,“level”:3,“time”:“2020-04-18T17:24:52+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.1.123”,“user”:"–",“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/nextcloud/index.php/js/core/merged-template-prepend.js?v=22b9dbf3-0",“message”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Call to undefined method OC_Util::checkDataDirectoryPermissions()”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:658,“function”:“checkServer”,“class”:“OC_Util”,“type”:"::",“args”:[{“class”:“OC\SystemConfig”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:1089,“function”:“init”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:36,“args”:["/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/util.php",“Line”:810,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux armv7l) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Raspbian Chromium/78.0.3904.108 Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36”,“version”:“18.0.3.0”}

Okay your data folder don’t have the right permissions.
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/9.0/admin_manual/installation/installation_wizard.html#setting-strong-directory-permissions

Do a
chown -R www-data:www-data /yourdatafolder

Thank you very much for your help.
Thanks to your help it can fix the problem.
A greeting.

Please mark this topic as solved. You can pin my answer as the solution