Preview for images edited externally not refreshed

Externally rotated picture is not refreshed in grid view

Hi everybody.

I’m running NC 19.0.0 on FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1, installed via plugin. I’m using it mostly for family pictures and short personal videos.

I use copy/paste in win10 in a SMB share, to feed my pictures into NC. It is a mounted pool, which is organized in sub-folders.

After upload I apply in FreeNAS the refresh of the ACL, recursively, in order to assign the www owner and group wheel to all pictures. After that newly copied files become visible in NC for my user. I can see the new files and folders in web interface - chrome & android (7.0) app.

Some files don’t have the correct orientation, so I use win to rotate, let’s say from horizontal to vertical. But nothing is changed in the preview grid in chrome or android app - the preview in grid is still horizontal. When I click on the picture horizontal as well, in both web & android app.
I checked in windows, the picture is rotated, the date of the file is changed = current date, owner still www. Nevertheless i reapplied ACL settings. Still the horizontal orientation of preview in grid or full picture.

I run occ files:scan --all and occ preview:generate-all, no change.

In android app I downloaded the image locally and after that the preview and full picture had the correct orientation, vertical, even after I deleted the local file.
But web interface still is showing the picture horizontal in both grid preview or full.

Can somebody please tell me if I did something wrong and how this can be fixed?

Thank you,
Florin

Nextcloud version: 19.0.0
Operating system and version: FreeNAS-11.3-U3.1
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version: 7.4

Perhaps a browser caching problem.
Use another browser or inkognito modus.
Delete the cache.
Personally i deactive disk cache in Firefox. After that Firefox forget all elements after restart.
I also think the internet is faster than my hdd :wink: Caching to hdd makes for me less sense :wink:

Set in about:config “browser.cache.disk.enable” to “false” and test the setting with “about:cache”. Perhaps increase also memory cache for better performance.