Postgresql 12.x

I think my question is simple. After a recent update of the OS of my server (manjaro linux) both PHP (7.3 > 7.4) and postgresql (11.4 > 12.1) packages were upgraded. I realized that the former was incompatible with nextcloud and downgraded it to 7.3, however, I cannot start postgresql service after my downgrade probably due to some dependency issues related to the distribution please see this link. Would the current version of nextcloud work with postgresql 12? If so, I will upgrade my database per postgresql documentation but I don’t want to do this if it wouldn’t work as I suspect.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I have nextcloud 17 and postgresql 12 installed together. I haven’t seen any issue so far. I didn’t upgrade my php. It’s still at 7.3.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this information. I will give it a shot and report back.

Unfortunately, I could not revive Nextcloud, despite the fact that Postgresql 12.1-2 upgrade was relatively easy and effective. I believe the failure was due to the fact that I had to downgrade php from 7.4 to 7.3 and several modules report error after this process. I should have never upgraded php, postgresql without thinking. Lesson learned: a rolling release distribution is probably not a good choice for this type of service.

All other php extensions should be downgraded as well. Do you get a different error?

Yeah @inX, I downgraded all of them, as much as I could identify, but that created error messages what I thought like other dependencies (icu etc.) were failing. Error messages indicated certain php modules were not recognized, certain symbols were not found, etc. It felt like an uphill battle so to speak. I decided to wait for the 17.0.2 release, which should hopefully happen in a few days, and would hopefully support php 7.4, fingers crossed.