Possible to download all photos from an album?

Hi NC community!

I would like to know if it is possible to (bulk-)download all photos collected in an album from the Photos app.

Background: I created an album in the Photos app that holds a selection of photos that are planned to go into actually a hard-copy photo album. I need to download those photos from NC to be able to print them. Unfortunately I did not manage to download the photos from the album there were collected before. The selection process is done together by multiple NC users.

I tried an alternative approach by tagging the photos. But again, when opening the photos tagged in the same way a download option is not provided in the Photos app.

However, if a select some photos in the Photos app outside an album or tag-group view a download option is available.

The only way for me seems to copy the selected photos in the Files app in a dedicated folder and to download them from there. But the selection of the photos is much more convenient in the Photos app than in the Files app.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Yes, but only for the owner. If you share it to others, they cannot do so. At least on NC25.

@sven1234 thank you for your answer. You give me hope! :wink:

can you explain how to download the files. Im on NC27.0.0. I use the Photos view in a web browser. I select the album from which I want to download the photos. But I cannot see a button or menu item to download anything. That does not change if I select some or all photos (check the photos in the top-right corner).

In contrast, if I select photos under the view “All media” or “Photos” in the Photos view I get a menu item to download the selection.

Note: I have added a “colaborator”. Does this make a difference?

Thank you for your support!

I wonder if I should add a feature request for being able to download (all) items of an album. What do you think? Or am I the only one who needs such a feature?

If you open the album and click on the three dots at the top-right, you should see “download all pictures” and if you have selected a few “download selected pictures”.

grafik

Crazy, these are exactly the menu items I am looking for.

Unfortunately, that does not work for me. When I select some or all items in the album I get this menu when clicking on the three dots in the upper-right corner:

Screenshot_2023-07-10_21-20-05

With no selected items:

Screenshot_2023-07-10_21-19-03

I created a new album with only two items for testing and with no collaborators and picked photos from outside group folders … the same results.

BTW: I am logged in as admin user.

What is going wrong here ?!?

No idea. MAybe you should report a bug.

1 Like

Yes I will. Anyhow, thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

I opened the following issue: Menu items in album view to download all/selected photos do not show up · Issue #1942 · nextcloud/photos · GitHub

It would be great if others could download the entire album (via a share link) with one button :slight_smile:

Hello,

I find a way to download a photo album until the feature is add.
See my post : How to dowload a public photo album from nexcloud?

0fawkes

1 Like

To all those that are waiting for a download button, here is a way to get it working without using Photo’s app and WebDAV

An alternative way to have the download all button appear is to use the Memories App, go to album view and voila you will see download all button, and even more, if you share to a public link, it will also show there!

See below screenshots:

Screenshot 2023-10-06 141517
Screenshot 2023-10-06 141444

1 Like

Hi, it is really cool with the download button, but when I share albums with other people, I would prefer NOT to have the download button. Is there a way to not make it appear in Memories? If possible, I would prefer not to have to work with both the photo and memories app …
Kind regards

I tried to “hide” the download button in shared test album in memories - but seems not to be possible.