Possible to change Ubuntu indicator applet icon?

Yesterday my desktop client sync updated to version 2.3.2. The icon for the indicator applet changed to a very large generic circle with a check mark:

Screenshot from 2017-08-25 07-50-36

Is it possible to change this and to use a custom icon instead? The previous one used the Nextcloud logo and was fine. I prefer something a little more consistent with the other indicator applets, such as a Nextcloud logo that changes to blue when updating or calling your attention.

2 Likes

nextcloud

@tombrossman
This is 2.5.0, and is apparently not theme-aware. I have searched for all installed Nextcloud icons and replaced them with mono icons - with no effect. After having looked at the source code, it appears that the indicator icons are resources packaged into the binary.

Update:

It appears your current theme needs to have icons for state-pause, state-sync, state-warning, state-ok, state-offline and state-error.

I just “recycled” the ubuntuone icons into Ambiant-MATE:

sudo ln -s '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/22/ubuntuone-client-paused.svg' '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/scalable/state-pause.svg'
sudo ln -s '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/22/ubuntuone-client-updating.svg' '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/scalable/state-sync.svg'`
sudo ln -s '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/22/ubuntuone-client-offline.svg' '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/scalable/state-warning.svg'
sudo ln -s '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/22/ubuntuone-client-idle.svg' '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/scalable/state-ok.svg'
sudo ln -s '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/22/ubuntuone-client-offline.svg' '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/scalable/state-offline.svg'
sudo ln -s '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/22/ubuntuone-client-error.svg' '/usr/share/icons/Ambiant-MATE/status/scalable/state-error.svg'

My original post is about a year and a half old, I’m on client version ‘2.5.0git’ and the icon looks perfect now. Monochrome, and scaled down to a better size. (screenshot is on Ubuntu 16.04)

Screenshot%20from%202018-12-04%2006-55-22

I still don’t know how to customise the icon for Nextcloud but no longer need to.