Planned downtime app store Tue 16 Aug

Hello everyone :wave:
I just want to inform you all as on Tuesday August 16 we are scheduling a rather large maintenance release of the app store. There will be an expected downtime of 4 hours from 11am until 3pm CEST (Amsterdam / Berlin time zone). Due to the size of the release it is a risky release, although we tested it thoroughly locally, we have a rollback plan in case this is needed. Hopefully it’s not needed :).

Warm regards, Daphne on behalf of the Nextcloud team

20 Likes

I love everything about that message. It’s warm without being hype, technical but in everyday language, filled with helpful information but terse.

7 Likes

thank you so much for your kind message Michael!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The operation has completed and the app store is available again. We let the snapshot in place for a few days to be on the safe side, but first smoke testing looks fine and promising!

6 Likes

A small summary of the changes deployed :tada:

• Update to Django 3.2 LTS
  • Creating an account without Github is now possible again
  • Remove Google Recaptcha for better privacy. Replaced by a self hosted django plugin
  • Nextcloud 24 app templates are now available and that includes preconfigured Github actions as well as all the boilerplate for a VueJs frontend
  • A few other small fixes
11 Likes

Update: We found one issue with the app skeleton generator which we are investigating.

2 Likes

Fix for that is in Fix utf-8 issues by CarlSchwan · Pull Request #919 · nextcloud/appstore · GitHub

I deployed it on production, so this should work now

3 Likes

Found a translation issue with german. It has been fixed at Transifex 10 month ago but it is still visible. @carlschwan Can you or someone else make sure that latest translations are part of the deployment?

1 Like

Hi, I had a look and just deployed the last update from git.

If the translations still don’t appear, could you take a look at appstore/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES at master · nextcloud/appstore · GitHub and see if the typo is fixed there? Maybe it is copying the translations from transifex to the git repo that doesn’t work

2 Likes

Hmmh, des Translation is ok at appstore/django.po at 637c0b09f038a11ed3311482638e9d5f133a026b · nextcloud/appstore · GitHub
but it still shows another string. Already cleared cache.

Is it necessary to convert this po to mo files for deployment?

EDIT: Another issue. The appstore is using the informal version of german (de). For all mobile apps and desktop client we use the formal version (de_DE).
Should I file an issue at GitHub? Can you point me to the location where the language selection is filled?

Oh right the po to m conversion is not done automatically. I’ll do it.

For the second issue, please open an issue in the repo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let me know when you are done and I will check back.