PicoCMS standalone installation

I would like to install PicoCMS standalone - outside of Nextcloud - to edit themes and content separately.

Is there a working installation script somewhere that can get PicoCMS running on a Linux server in one go? Without configuration hell of Apache or Nginx…

I’ve wasted hours again trying different instructions, I can’t get any of them to work. Many of the guides are outdated and no longer work.

I just want to get a PicoCMS running in a VM in VirtualBox.

Thanks for all hints…

Just refer to http://picocms.org/download/

For Apache + PHP there’s nothing special for Pico to consider… It’s just a plain Apache + PHP installation. For Ubuntu and Debian use something like the following:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install apache2 php php-fpm php-mbstring php-xml
sudo a2enconf php-fpm
sudo service apache2 reload

I am sorry to disappoint you, but unfortunately the proposed solution does not work either.
a2enconf php-fpm fails, probably because a configuration file php-fpm.conf is missing.

That’s exactly the problem with all these instructions you can find on the internet: Each one is different, some are incomplete, many are outdated and no longer work.
You never know which one will work.
Configuration files full of completely cryptic settings.
If you are not an apache/php/nginx guru, you will go crazy if you only want to get such banal things to work…

Just download the .zip from here: https://github.com/picocms/Pico/releases/tag/v3.0.0-alpha.1 ,unzip and upload it.
If you want to use it local, try XAMPP to get an Apache with PHP easily.

The tip with xampp was worth gold. :kissing_heart:
I didn’t even think of that any more, that this is also a possibility.

I installed Wampserver, created a VirtualHost, unpacked the PicoCMS release tar into the directory and that was it. Within a few minutes I had a locally running PicoCMS instance!

Without a single error message and without hours of messing around on the command line.
Thanks for the tip! Saved me a lot of time!