PHP startup errors in log

Greetings,

I’m getting the below error message with every request:

{"reqId":".....","level":3,"time":"2021-03-27T12:30:03+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx","user":"xxxxx","app":"PHP","method":"PROPFIND","url":"/remote.php/dav/calendars/...","message":"PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imagick.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/imagick.so (/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1: cannot allocate memory in static TLS block), /usr/lib/php/20180731/imagick.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) at Unknown#0","userAgent":"xxxx","version":"20.0.8.1","id":"..."}

It is persisting whether the php-imagick module is installed or not. On the Administration Overview screen, I have green “All checks passed” mark and no warnings. The instance seems to operate normally otherwise.

Any ideas?

Nextcloud version: 20.0.8
Operating system and version: Debian 10 (buster)
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.38
PHP version: 7.3

This is a general web server problem and has nothing to do with Nextcloud itself. Please use the search function of the forum to find and answer on your question, because similar problems have already been posted in the past:

https://help.nextcloud.com/search?q=Unable%20to%20load%20dynamic%20library%20%27imagick.so%27

1 Like

I have Nextcloud 20.0.10 on a tiny Armbian machine at home. Until today, the logs shown at /index.php/settings/admin/logging included this complaint:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘imagick.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/imagick.so (/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgomp.so.1: cannot allocate memory in static TLS block), /usr/lib/php/20180731/imagick.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/imagick.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) at Unknown#0

Today I added the following lines to the end of the file named /etc/apache2/envvars:

#2021-06-12 [PDL on rock64]:
# Advice online at  
# https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=970862
export LD_PRELOAD="libgomp.so.1:${LD_PRELOAD}"

Then, I restarted the system by saying sudo systemctl restart apache2. The admin status report no longer complains about imagick.

1 Like