PHP Error tempnam()

Hey guys,

I’m pretty new to Nextcloud and just starting to discover all those amazing features.

I set up NC 14 on a shared hosting and everything seems to be fine so far.
There is just one thing which I don’t understand:

When looking at my logs, there always pops up the same error which is thrown every 5 minutes:

tempnam(): file created in the system's temporary directory at /htdocs/lib/private/TempManager.php#90

Would be awesome if someone could help me out here, I have no clue what’s wrong.

My temp directory is set to the folder /htdocs/tmp/ using the config file and the access rights for this folder are set to 644

Thanks in advance for your help

Could anybody help me out here? Would really appreciate that :slight_smile:

Having the same issue, it seems to me only cosmetic though. At some point a php notice was added to tempnam() which is picked up as an error for some reason.
Similar issue comes up when using an external storage:

fread(): file created in the system’s temporary directory at /media/DATA/cloud/Nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/streams/src/Wrapper.php#91

Based on the following GitHub posting, setting/changing the path to the tmp directory could fix the problem:

1 Like

Changing the name of my temp-folder and edit my config.php, pointing to the fresh renamed folder, does the trick for me.

No need for editing permissions.