Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5):
The issue you are facing: Users not owning a shared folder with pictures can not add shared pictures to a folder (shared or not)
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes but not tested before
Steps to replicate it:
- User-A create a shared folder and share it to Everyone
- User-B adds pictures to the shared folder
- User-B, in Photo app, creates a shared Photo Album which appears
- User-B, in Photo app, can not add pictures from the shared folder (owned by user-A) into the shared Album => a banner message appears : “Failed to add *.jpg to album *.”
- User-A, in Photo app, can add pictures in the shared Photo album from his shared folder
Is that a normal behavior, can it be different ?
Do you have a workaround ?
I’m in a context of an instance for an association where everything is supposed to be shared, so we all work within folders created by admin account and shared to everyone. It limits number of folders and ease the sharing of documents.
I have an admin account of my instance, but I’m not admin of the server, i don’t have any other logs.
Many thanks !