Permanently deleted files, it's possible recover them?

Hi, yesterday accidentally I permanently deleted some files on my Nextcloud, there is a method or plug-in to force the recover of these files?
Thanks and ciao

I would assume that’s only possible outside nextcloud as the files might have been removed from the folder. You will need a recovery application doing it.

Yes, it is possible to recover them. You need to shut down the server before more data is read/deleted from the hard drive. This is vital to your success.

Once you do so you will need to use a recovery tool or take the hard drive to a professional recovery center.

Good luck!

1 Like

The meaning of “permanent” is that no way exists to recover deleted data. If you’ve deleted it the normal way within the Nextcloud GUI, you should be able to recover a file from the trash bin. If not, you can use your regular data backup to recover a deleted file.

1 Like

Of course there are ways to recover deleted data. It’s just a gamble if the data is going to be intact and the longer the hard drive remains on the more likely it’s been overwritten.

Well, if you recover from your backup, it should be pretty easy and no gamble at all :upside_down_face:

Hi @Pietrogramma,

Maybe you could detail how you ‘permanently’ deleted the files?

@j-ed seems to cover the most usual senarios. You did invest some time and effort in backups for your vital data right?

Let us know how you got on and how you resolved your problem if you do. Many people jump to the forum, ask, or in some cases demand solutions. People freely give up their time to assist them, and either we never hear anything more, or just get a ‘I fixed it…’. This is of no real benefit to to anyone.