PDF Viewer: Missing PDF File - after updating to 20.0.10

Nextcloud version 20.0.10
Operating system and version Ubuntu Server 20.04LTS
Apache 2.4.25
PHP version 7.4.3

After updating from 20.0.9 to 20.0.10 PDF Viewer no longer works. It says it cannot find PDF file even though I try to pull up the same example PDFs that came with the installation in all user’s folder. For example the Nextcloud PDF Help manual no longer can be viewed.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Yes:

Steps to replicate it:

1. Access your home folder in Nextcloud
  2. Click on any PDF file.
  3. Error occurs

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PDF.js v2.4.456 (build: 228a591c)
Message: Missing PDF "https://nextcloud.????.net/remote.php/dav/files/tlewis/Nextcloud%2520Manual.pdf".

Have a look here please:

Ciao,
Joachim

A permanent fix is already on it’s way and a temporary fix is described here…

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this did not fix my issue. Any other suggestions?

Correction…What didn’t fix my issue was the javascript file that was provided in the solutions link. However if you follow the code instructions and remove the endcoding command from the javascript code, that seem to work. Thank all of you for the help.

2 Likes

Was facing this issue with 21.0.2 today. Replacing the file does work. Reminder that you need to bypass your browser cache and reload the page by ctrl+reload to get the replaced JS file to be used after it’s been replaced.

1 Like

What’s particularly weird is the PDF can’t be viewed while signed in. However, I can view the PDF if I view it from a public link

That’s because the public link does not contain any special characters or spaces.

But more importantly, the issue has already been fixed a few weeks ago. Just upgrade to the latest minor version of version 20 or 21, which is 20.0.11 or 21.0.3 respectively. Also the bug does not occur anymore in the latest major version, which is version 22.0.0.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the release is available with the fix. Thanks!