Path not found: /

Nextcloud 26.0.2
Operating system and version Ubuntu 22.04
AiO 6

Hi
I have repeated logs about files.
I thought occ scan:files was able to correct links to files (delete links to missing files, etc).

Out of 60 users, I get several errors like

Starting scan for user 41 out of 56 (User10)
Path not found: /User10

but all files seem in place and I havent any difficulty using my account:

root@domain:/var/lib/docker/volumes/nextcloud_aio_nextcloud_data/_data/User10# ls
cache  files  files_trashbin  files_versions  uploads

Although I found how to use occ scan command, I don’t understand what it can do, nor how to fix path errors.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

{"reqId":"LLJkakG2ukYQLtbdxZ6c","level":3,"time":"2023-06-13T20:50:47+00:00","remoteAddr":"","user":"--","app":"core","method":"","url":"--","message":"Error while running background job (class: OCA\\Files_Versions\\BackgroundJob\\ExpireVersions, arguments: )","userAgent":"--","version":"26.0.2.1","exception":{"Exception":"OCP\\Files\\NotFoundException","Message":"/user10/files/GROUP FOLDER/GESTION/simple file.md","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Node/Folder.php","line":138,"function":"get","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\Root","type":"->","args":["/user10/files/GROUP FOLDER/GESTION/simple file.md"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/apps/files_versions/lib/Storage.php","line":591,"function":"get","class":"OC\\Files\\Node\\Folder","type":"->","args":["/GROUP FOLDER/GESTION/simple file.md"]},{"function":"OCA\\Files_Versions\\{closure}","class":"OCA\\Files_Versions\\Storage","type":"::","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/apps/files_versions/lib/Storage.php","line":606,"function":"array_filter","args":[["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"],["Closure"]]},{"file":"/var/www/html/apps/files_versions/lib/BackgroundJob/ExpireVersions.php","line":69,"function":"expireOlderThanMaxForUser","class":"OCA\\Files_Versions\\Storage","type":"::","args":["sisteron"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/private/User/Manager.php","line":639,"function":"OCA\\Files_Versions\\BackgroundJob\\{closure}","class":"OCA\\Files_Versions\\BackgroundJob\\ExpireVersions","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/var/www/html/apps/files_versions/lib/BackgroundJob/ExpireVersions.php","line":70,"function":"callForSeenUsers","class":"OC\\User\\Manager","type":"->","args":[["Closure"]]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/public/BackgroundJob/Job.php","line":78,"function":"run","class":"OCA\\Files_Versions\\BackgroundJob\\ExpireVersions","type":"->","args":[null]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/public/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php","line":103,"function":"start","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\Job","type":"->","args":[["OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"]]},{"file":"/var/www/html/lib/public/BackgroundJob/TimedJob.php","line":93,"function":"start","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob","type":"->","args":[["OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"]]},{"file":"/var/www/html/cron.php","line":152,"function":"execute","class":"OCP\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob","type":"->","args":[["OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList"],["OC\\Log"]]}],"File":"/var/www/html/lib/private/Files/Node/Root.php","Line":209,"message":"Error while running background job (class: OCA\\Files_Versions\\BackgroundJob\\ExpireVersions, arguments: )","exception":[],"CustomMessage":"Error while running background job (class: OCA\\Files_Versions\\BackgroundJob\\ExpireVersions, arguments: )"},"id":"6488db47b7523"}

Your experience is welcome. Please share your solution to fix path errors.
I can share more logs if needed.
Thanks
Have a great day … or night ^^

1 Like

I have the exact same error.

1 Like

I have seen now the same error for some users, but the strange thing is that if I run the command with ‘-v’ the occ command indeed scans the files for the user.

Have anyone found the root cause? I am in version 27.0.1, if that helps.

1 Like