Passwords app will no longer support my server configuration

it says that it will only support php7.4.0 witch is too bad since i’m only using 7.4.1+…

now that i think about it, it may be because i’m on NxC19 but if so, this message is misleading: appliance version have nothing to do with server configuration and there’s no NxC20 update in stable channel witch makes this message either useless for now or a cry to beta test…

The message says clearly “at least Nextcloud 20 and PHP 7.4.0”. Nextcloud 20 was released more than a month ago. Nextcloud 20.0.1 was released more than two weeks ago.

and is still not in stable channel so it’s out.
also, like i wrote, appliance version have nothing to do with server configuration

The passwords app ends support for any Nextcloud version but the latest in January of a new year. It also informs admins about the upcoming change starting with the October version. This gives admins a good amount of time to schedule upgrades if necessary.

If you think that the wording of the notification could be better, a pull request improving it is always welcome. (this line, and the language files)

Nextcloud versions that are beta or release candidate versions usually have a “RC” or “beta” version number like “20.0.0RC2”. Nextcloud 20.0.1 does not. It’s the “Latest stable version” on nextcloud.com. Nextcloud explains that the rollout of a new major version is done “in steps of about 20% of our user base per week”. NC20 is not a beta version, you might simply not have gotten the update notification yet.

You’re not forced to upgrade, the app will continue to work just fine with your version of Nextcloud. This notification simply means that new versions of the app will require an update in the future.

You’re not forced to upgrade, the app will continue to work just fine with your version of Nextcloud. This notification simply means that new versions of the app will require an update in the future.

This phrase is exactly what it should have been in the notification instead of “will no longer support” witch read as “if you don’t change, you’ll loose access to your passwords”.
Or title should be at least “next versions won’t support…” to be less misleading.

Still, thanks for explanation.