ownCloud 10.9.1 migration

i have ownCloud 10.9.1 and now i want to migrate my data to nextcloud.
i read docs in https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/migrating_owncloud.html
but there is no path for my version, so i try to follow instruction and do manual update

first of all there was error:
Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.

i find that if i set version to 10.5 in my config.php then i can go through that error

next error was:
Index 'oauth2_client_id_idx' does not exist on table 'oc_oauth2_clients'.

i found on github advise to comment line in /Version010402Date20190107124745.php and also launch db:add-missing-indices

after that i got:
There is no column with name 'client_identifier' on table 'oc_oauth2_clients'.

so my question is - can i update my owncloud installation to nextcloud or there is no path for my version?

Nextcloud version: 20.0.5
Operating system and version : Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version : apahe 2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.4): php7.4-fpm

Nextcloud is a fork of ownCloud and both had similar code base at the beginning but became different over time, so there is no safe and automated migration path for newer ownCloud versions.

depending on the complexity of your installation you might want to install Nextcloud from scratch and move your data… this you can’t move items stored within the database like shares and contacts… maybe there is a way to replicate them using a client connected with both systems at the same time…

There is or was this automated migration script (Issues · nextcloud/owncloud-web-migrator · GitHub) that hasn’t been updated for some time. If you plan to get enterprise support, I’d try to reach out to Nextcloud GmbH, they might help you and perhaps adjust the script. Beyond of that, the way you went is a bit the thing to try out. To try to match the versions that the script passes and then manually fix the database stuff. Problem is, you need a bit to know the database structure of both projects. Perhaps it can help to check on a test setup what is expected on certain tables (possible that certain columns exist in one project but not the other, or columns have different names etc.)

ok, i found that easiest way for me - manually migrate data. i can successfully migrate data on my test instance,

thanks all

1 Like

Hi!
I’m facing the same problem: due PHP 8.0 wanted to migrate from OC 10.9.1 to NC 24.0.4 (tried older NC versions too) wiht no luck. There are too many users with shares on my OC so migrating data only is not an option.

Are there any news since January? Does anybody has succes with migrating OC 10.9.1 to NC and can give a hint?

Go manual update buy migrating data’s …

This is the best way since migrating is “no more” supported…

My way to do it:

• fresh NC install
  • users creation
  • data manually move to users/files
  • occ file:scan for all users
  • done