Outlook domain/authentication

I’ve got a work - related account in Outlook, and I’m trying to sync the calendar to my nextcloud instance (which is running in a docker container).

My original approach was to ‘Publish to WebDav server’, which is built in Outlook. Outlook insists I need to provide a domain, and I’ve tried several possibilities, but keep having authentication issues.

Next, I used the ‘CalDav synchroniser’, which also gives me an authentication issue. I get 401 unauthorised and password login forbidden.

So, I’m suspecting it has something to do with a security setting, but I can’t seem to find out what exactly. Can anyone help me?

Good morning mate, hope you are doing well…

Are you using a valid certificate on your nextcloud’s server?

All the best.

I’ve got a valid certificate (at least, Chrome says ‘valid’). I’ve not set up automatic renewal yet, as I’m still setting up everything (nginx especially is a bit finnicky).

My current workaround is to publish over CalDav to a Google calendar, and then subscribe to that from Nextcloud. At least I can see my calendars from a single location, but it knda defeats the purpose of having Nextcloud, imho.

Can anyone help me figure out what I’m doing wrong?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.