Out of Memory Error since upgrading to NC 24

Ever since my NextCloud VM updated to from version 23 to 24, I’ve been getting random Out of Memory errors. It occurs when trying to share photos via Talk chats, or this morning when my Android tried to auto upload a picture that was taken with the camera. I have to reboot NC and it’s fine for an undetermined amount of time. I tried increasing the RAM from 4 GB to 8 GB, it hasn’t helped.

The VM was a pre-built by T&M Hansson IT. It’s been running great except for this recent issue.

If I check the VM console, it has the following error displayed.

Any suggestions on where to look? I’m not great with Ubuntu machines.

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 24.0.5
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04.2
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Unsure where to find
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.3

The issue you are facing: Sharing/Uploading photos can create a Out of Memory issue

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Unknown amount of time
  2. Sharing a photo via Talk, or Auto Upload from the NextCloud Android App

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[PHP] Error: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 7 server closed the connection unexpectedly
	This probably means the server terminated abnormally
	before or while processing the request. at /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/API/PostgreSQL/ExceptionConverter.php#83

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

Unsure how to get this from Ubuntu console

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

Errors as described also may be a result of a too small memory of the VM.

I do access to the VM console using PuTTy on port 22 (ssh) to the sshd service of the Nextcloud VM. I did enable and grant access from internal network in the firewall. Then you will be able to scroll the screen and do a copy and paste after login with PuTTy.