I cannot connect via CalDAV or CardDAV to my nextcloud installation. I’m using the URL that is provided in the calendar section of Nextcloud. However, there is an error “405 Method not allowed”, see below. I have set up a new installation, so all files in nextcloud including .htaccess should be with default parameters.
What I have already tried to fix the issue:
- Disable mod_security
- Connect via CyberDuck to WebDAV -> This works and shows files, however I want to connect to CalDAV
What else could I try?
Nextcloud version (11.0.1):
Operating system and version (Ubuntu 16.04):
Apache or nginx version (Apache 2.4.18):
PHP version (7.0.13-0ubuntu0.16.04.1):
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error and can you replicate it?:
I can replicate it every single time.
The issue you are facing:
Cannot connect via Caldav.
The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Doesn’t show any error.
The output of your config.php file in
/path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
$CONFIG = array (
'instanceid' => 'o',
'passwordsalt' => '9',
'secret' => 'Zx',
0 => 'cloud.hostname.com',
'datadirectory' => '/mnt/nextcloud',
'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://cloud.hostname.com',
'dbtype' => 'mysql',
'version' => '188.8.131.52',
'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
'dbhost' => 'localhost',
'dbport' => '',
'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
'dbuser' => 'nextclouduser',
'dbpassword' => 'p',
'logtimezone' => 'UTC',
'installed' => true,
'mail_from_address' => 'nextcloud',
'mail_smtpmode' => 'php',
'mail_domain' => 'hostname.com',
The output of your Apache log in `/var/log/____`:
- [25/Jan/2017:10:37:35 +0000] "PROPFIND /.well-known/caldav HTTP/1.1" 405 3608 " " "Mac+OS+X/10.12.2 (16C67) accountsd/113"
- [25/Jan/2017:10:37:35 +0000] "HEAD /.well-known/caldav HTTP/1.1" 404 281 "-" "Mac+OS+X/10.12.2 (16C67) accountsd/113"
- [25/Jan/2017:10:37:35 +0000] "PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1" 405 606 "-" "Mac+OS+X/10.12.2 (16C67) accountsd/113"
- [25/Jan/2017:10:37:35 +0000] "PROPFIND /caldav/v2 HTTP/1.1" 405 605 "-" "Mac+OS+X/10.12.2 (16C67) accountsd/113"
- [25/Jan/2017:10:37:35 +0000] "PROPFIND /principals/users// HTTP/1.1" 405 622 "-" "Mac+OS+X/10.12.2 (16C67)
Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.