Options to make it harder to delete files

My suggestion is a setting to make some files harder for the account owner to delete and view. For example:

• Files that can only be deleted with the answer to a security question
  • Files that can only be deleted by answering a security question correctly the first time but without refunding the storage space, and are otherwise just hidden from the uploader as if they were deleted
  • Files that can only be deleted by other users
  • Files that can’t be deleted at all
  • Files whose existence is hidden from the uploader, and therefore can’t be deleted
  • Files that behave in the above ways, but only for a certain time such as a month

I think this would be necessary to create a solid live-streaming app for activists and reporters. If the opposing force can take control of the phone, then a simple password won’t cut it. If they coerce the uploader into deleting the file, then the file is gone. If they can even see the file is uploaded, that could cause problems too.

With this functionality, someone could make an app that uploads short sequential snippets of video or audio to a public folder, and links people to that livestream through email, texts, facebook, etc.

An emergency livestreaming app needs a secure, libre hosting software to work, so that’s why I’m posting this to Nextcloud.

• Files that can only be deleted by other users
    Share with readonly
  • Files that can’t be deleted at all
    adjuster always can delete, deactivate the adjuster
  • Files whose existence is hidden from the uploader, and therefore can’t be deleted
    Share with “only upload” (file drop)
  • Files that behave in the above ways, but only for a certain time such as a month
    You can set expiry date

You can combine “read-only” and “only upload” (file drop). But it think this is not possible togehter in the web interface. You can share “read-only” in the web interface (share with user) and with public share (url). For only-upload (file drop) i think you need a public share (url). You can share the link as a bookmark to the url with the app “link editor” .