OpenSync / Xiaomi : Synchronization Issue

Hello everyone,

After 1 month searching whatā€™s wrong with my configuration, I never found why Iā€™m not able to sync my mobile to my NextCloud server.

My sync is ok with ThunderBird and my old phone. On my Xiami Redmi 4X I cant find my nextcloud agendas in the differents agenda lists in agenda apps. Even if iā€™ve synchronized my nextcloud account in OpenSync. I tried to uninstall, did it again, tried CallDAVDroid too.

I tried to use Opensync/DavDroid + Acalendar.

Iā€™m tired of searching in google and everywhere, if someone know how to help me, i would be grateful.
Sorry for bad english.

Regards,
Kitslap

Hello everybody,

I finally found what was the issue with Xiaomi mobiles. In the case it might help someone who have the same issue, Iā€™ll explain here how to resolve this issue.

There are 3 importants options on MIUI* mobiles which could block you.
MIUI* : Android for Xiaomi mobiles.

The first one is authorization for apps, there is 2 authorizations :

• Agenda acess authorization
  • Contacts acess authorization

You have to enable both to use Opensync for syncronization.
After this, the following log :

becomes :

The second one, is the auto-start options, you have to authorize Opensync to start automatically. Youā€™ll find this option in security options.

Finally there is battery-save restriction, you can enable ā€œno-restrictionsā€ for your app, in the battery save options.

:warning: Here, you have to be careful to the sync interval*, it could be dangerous for your battery to disable restrictions if you donā€™t setup correctly your sync interval.
Sync interval* have to be configured in Opensync Accounts.

I found different solutions on different places and I donā€™t know if the 3 options are all necessary to get Opensync work correctly.

I advise to look at the 3 options if you really want to be sure the apps will synchronize like it should.

Regards,
Kitslap

4 Likes

Thank you. Itā€™s help-me, tooā€¦ :wink:

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

With Android 9, this changes slightly:

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Special app access :

• Choose ā€œBattery optimisationā€, and ā€œall appsā€, search ā€œOpenSyncā€, tape and choose ā€œDonā€™t optimiseā€

And into ā€œApps & notificationsā€, look at new for ā€œOpenSyncā€, set ā€œApp permissionsā€ for Calendar, Contacts, and ā€˜Additional permissionsā€™.

Well done!

1 Like

For the french users, read in french this memo.