Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.3 all apps up to date
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Debian 10
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.38
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3
The issue you are facing:
Maybe it’s something I completeley misunderstood about the way it works, but we already lost 2 files (the 2 first we created) so I decided to ask:
- I create a file online using the “+” button, a new spreadsheet document
- I edit that file, adding content … so far so good.
- if I go back later on that file, everything is ok … content is ok
- I forgot to mention that the file was created online in a synced folder
- now if I open the file locally on my computer (even just a “Preview” on a Mac), it looks empty
- first reaction of user is “I’m looking at the wrong file, this one is empty, moving to trash” and then “where is my file ???”
- erasing the file on the local system is propagated online, file is erased, everything lost …
- after 2 similar situations, we started investigating … when the file is created, everything is ok online but the local synced copy is just created empty and never synced after that … the local file stays empty.
- if I do a “File->Save As” from OnlyOffice, a new copy is created (in the folder I choose, if I stay in the same folder I have a (2) copy), that file is properly synced with local folder with all the last modifications
- if I edit with OnlyOffice that new copy, that works … but the local copy is again not updated
In fact it’s like the file is properly synced only once at the time of creation (or duplication) but never synced afterwards …
So question is : did I understand correctly ? is there something special to do to have the local copy synced ?