OnlyOffice Integration without document server

After reading the release notes in https://nextcloud.com/changelog/ I was immediately updating to get the built in ONLYOFFICE up and running.

Update done, App installed and on latest version…

But still it asks me to connect to a document server in the settings. Have I read it wrong, because it says I am not in need of a docker container or anything of that sort anymore since it is built in?

I thought I install the app and it works out of the box so that I can start editing documents etc., so is it still needed that I have a document server running somewhere or not?

hey there…

welcome to the forum.
it would be nice if you would use the built-in search function of the forum ahead of asking a question… you dunno where to find it? hint: it’s a :mag: - and it’s located in upper right corner :wink:

and i’m sure you’ll gonna find some fitting answers to your question…

good luck :slight_smile:

I have searched through the forum but haven’t found a really concrete answer to wether or not I can run the onlyoffice app without a document server running somewhere. According to the changelog/release notes it is not necessary but all configurations point to a dedicated document-server…

just remove any setting you might have for the document server url and install the community document server app from the NC app store.

3 Likes

You know you need two apps?

now that was totally unclear to me too…

2 Likes

The interesting thing is I found out about the “documentserver” app…

Tried downloading + install… failed

Installed it manually and changed config accordingly… now it opens up but just shows a window with error…

I am switching to setting up a docker container because this “easy to setup integration” is not really an option for me since I have to jump through too many hoops to get somewhere…

Thanks anyway for all the answers!

apparently he isn’t aware of it. but he would have known if he searched the forum… i mean even i do know it without having nc18 installed, yet… :man_shrugging:

@JimmyKater… sorry but instrcuctions on how to install and enable is not something to be searched for in a forum… they should come with the package or be made visible on the apps page.

1 Like

exactly that was already discussed several times on the forum.

and sorry that i just wanted to be help. and that i was mildly reminding ppl to keep to the code of conduct they have agreed to when signing up for the forum. i know i am such a bad guy doing all of this.