On update my nextcloud is completely down - TrueNas/FreeNas

I have clicked update last week and I’m unable to access my nextcloud anymore. And update failed and don’t remember what it said but it was kind of unable to reach pkg.freebsd.org.

Few details about my setup:

1. I have been using nextcloud from almost an year and there is no change to IP as I have reserved the IP in my router.
  2. I have setup reverse-proxy from another jail so that I can access my nextcloud externally.
  3. Nextcloud plugin and it’s jail service starting fine but can’t access locally and externally.
    When I access with http in chrome it says as below,

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.15 refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

And when I access nextcloud via https it says as below,

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

I have to share some content to few people from my nextcloud and now completely blocked. could someone help me out on how can I fix this.

Also thought of creating new instance of nextcloud but no idea on how I can get all users and existing folders mapped. I’m o with any suggestions whichever is quick to resolve.

I’m basically windows user and have very minimal knowledge on commands so please bare with me if I ask any silly questions on this thread.

Thanks in advance.

hi @surender.vishwanatha, to solve Internal Server Error issue can you send some line ( first lines of nextcloud.log inside nextcloud/data ( maybe the full path is /var/www/nextcloud/data but not sure for a jail).
For the issue when http is used, do you have a firewall ? if yes, open the port 80.

Hi @Mageunic thanls for your reply.

I see from config.php the log file location is “var/log/nextcloud/nextcloud.log”

and here is latest lines from bottom:

{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:1052,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:984,“function”:“getPropertiesByNode”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:1661,“function”:“getPropertiesIteratorForPath”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:1646,“function”:“writeMultiStatus”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php",“line”:346,“function”:“generateMultiStatus”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php",“line”:89,“function”:“httpPropFind”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:472,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:253,“function”:“invokeMethod”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:321,“function”:“start”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php",“line”:84,“function”:“exec”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/remote.php",“line”:167,“args”:["/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php",“Line”:267,“CustomMessage”:“More than 1000 expressions in a list are not allowed on Oracle.”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (iOS) Nextcloud-iOS/3.4.2”,“version”:“21.0.0.18”}
{“reqId":“FDVhQUTIqj1xwhNvu9vd”,“level”:3,“time”:“2021-06-03T07:31:18+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168.0.33”,“user”:"surender.vishwanatham@gmail.com”,“app”:“core”,“method”:“PROPFIND”,“url”:"/remote.php/webdav/Suren-Photos/",“message”:{“Exception”:“Doctrine\DBAL\Query\QueryException”,“Message”:“More than 1000 expressions in a list are not allowed on Oracle.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Comments/Manager.php",“line”:657,“function”:“execute”,“class”:“OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/CommentPropertiesPlugin.php",“line”:89,“function”:“getNumberOfUnreadCommentsForObjects”,“class”:“OC\Comments\Manager”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/CommentPropertiesPlugin.php",“line”:117,“function”:“cacheDirectory”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\CommentPropertiesPlugin”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php",“line”:89,“function”:“handleGetProperties”,“class”:“OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\CommentPropertiesPlugin”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:1052,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:984,“function”:“getPropertiesByNode”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:1661,“function”:“getPropertiesIteratorForPath”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:1646,“function”:“writeMultiStatus”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php",“line”:346,“function”:“generateMultiStatus”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php",“line”:89,“function”:“httpPropFind”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:472,“function”:“emit”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:253,“function”:“invokeMethod”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php",“line”:321,“function”:“start”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php",“line”:84,“function”:“exec”,“class”:“Sabre\DAV\Server”,“type”:"->"},{“file”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/remote.php",“line”:167,“args”:["/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php"],“function”:“require_once”}],“File”:"/usr/local/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/QueryBuilder/QueryBuilder.php",“Line”:267,“CustomMessage”:“More than 1000 expressions in a list are not allowed on Oracle.”},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (iOS) Nextcloud-iOS/3.4.2”,“version”:“21.0.0.18”}

And regarding firewall I have enabled in reverseproxy which is completely outside(jumpserver) but I’m accessing nextcloud locally so no firewall.

@surender.vishwanatha I found nothing to solve your issue except this

but the solution will be release on nextcloud 22 ( Fix Oracle query limit compliance in Comments by Simounet · Pull Request #27187 · nextcloud/server · GitHub)

can you send other lines ( which contain : reqId":“FDVhQUTIqj1xwhNvu9vd”,“level”:3, …)

about log level :
0= debug
1= info
2= warning
3= error
4= fatal

I don’t see any other logs with reqId: “FDVhQUTIqj1xwhNvu9vd” only one entry.

Thanks for the pull request link for the fix however is there anyway to fix this? Also when I click update from nextcloud plugin I get below message appear,

Updating Plugin

Error: [EFAULT] No updates available for nextcloud

Thanks

Surender

@surender.vishwanatha
I have misspoken, find other lines with the same pattern like this: reqId":“XXXXXX”,“level”:X,…
and send me and send those who are level 3 and above.