Official Dark Theme for Nextcloud?

It’s more or less just a dark theme for Nextcloud inspired by KDE’s Breeze theme. I started it back around NC11/NC12 when there was no dark theme. I haven’t really been happy with Nextcloud’s own dark theme, so if just kept it going. Here recently I saw an opportunity to port it to an app instead of using the theme folder, for easier distribution and updating.

1 Like

hmm… looking for this too … weird - did you find a solution?

You can have a look at the Breeze Dark theme in the app store and see if it fits your needs. It has an option to enable the theme by default for all users. I’m the developer, so if you have any questions, let me know.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I found your theme a few weeks (even month) back and I am very happy for it! Thanks a lot. I also tried to „fork“ it to change some colors. But well … it took me hours and in the end it didn‘t work out as a new app. So I am stuck - but the colors are fine so whatever :slight_smile: Would be nice to have a coloroption for the greyshades and accent colors - should be possible with the „app design“ nextcloud chose, right?

1 Like

I’m glad you like it. I would definitely be possible to provide an option for customisable colours, but I’m not quite sure that is the way I want to go with the theme. It’s based on an existing theme, so I kind of would like to stick to those colours. Though I’m looking at adding more features to allow greater control of how the theme behaves in general, and full support for the customisations available in the theming app.

Also of note, It’s quite easy to change the colours of the theme using the Custom CSS app. All the colours I use are defined as variables, so one can simply override the existing colour choices.

2 Likes

Hello, do you know how I could include the shared link page to Breeze Dark theme? TIA

Hi, yeah, there is an option under the theming section in the administration settings where you can enable the Dark theme by default. Enabling that option styles the shared link pages.

1 Like

Hi ,thanks for the reply. Do you know how to set this theme as default globally so that it will apply even on guest users. When I logout and refresh the shared link it revert to the default white bg. TIA

pls disregard my question. Its working now. thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The settings say “it is under development…report issues…”
Not sure where to report, but the dark theme makes it difficult to read content in the Circles app.
Breeze Dark works well with the Circle app.