Official apps marked as 3rdparty by updater?

Nextcloud version: 12.0.4
Operating system and version: CentOS 7
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.6
PHP version: 5.6
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it?: N/A

The issue you are facing:
I just updated one of my test instances from 12.0.3 to 12.0.4. This instance has the video conferencing app and the brute force protection app enabled. The updater decided that both of these were 3rd party apps and disabled them. Is this the intended behavior?
My understanding was that both of these are official apps, in that they are covered by our support agreement?

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
I have nothing except info entries after
Debug core starting upgrade from 12.0.3.3 to 12.0.4.3 2017-12-12T08:56:06-0500

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => '192.168.111.146', ), 'datadirectory' => '/var/www/html/nextcloud/data', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '12.0.4.3', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost:3306', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'installed' => true, 'maintenance' => false, 'theme' => '', 'loglevel' => 2, ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: Nothing relevant --- Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

Indeed they are 3rdparty

I’m looking at the app store right now, and the “Talk” app, which is the video conferencing app I was referring to is marked Official, as is the Brute-force settings app.

I’m pretty sure the brute-force app is included with the standard install, just disabled.

If this is the intended behavior, why? If the app store marks them as official, shouldn’t the updater agree?

ATM there is not distinction between official and non official apps, only between shipped ones and ones installed from the app store. The talk app is marked as “featured” and is not shipped with the default installation (therefore basically 3rdparty). The same thing applies to the brute force settings app.

I suppose “featured” is translated into official if you view it in your Nextcloud which is not really accurate. Also there is a distinction between “official support” and “distributed in the nextcloud archive”: official support just means, that Nextcloud devs support these apps in their support contract whereas distributed means that the version is shipped with Nextcloud and is not updated through the app store; therefore breaking changes are not expected and the apps are not disabled by default on update.

TL;DR: apps distributed via the app store get disabled on update to not break your Nextcloud.