Odroid HC4 NCP support thread

Ok, updating petitboot only made petitboot a bit more legible but no difference in outcome.

I tried erasing the SPI flash memory but it seems I would need to put /boot on an sdcard and point it to root on the SSD for that solution to work.

There’s a solution offered on the armbian forums that basically describes this setup. Install to SD, then migrate to SSD using nand-sata-install.

I’m gonna try this for now but would be nice with a petitboot script. Might look at how other distros do it and see if it’s not too hard to adapt their scripts.

seems there’s finally a new release:
NextCloudPi_OdroidHC4_10-08-21
with alot hope, I downloaded and prepared the SD,
then tried to boot the odroidHC4 (which was bought about a year ago to use with NCP - but failed to see the SATA drives)
too bad the device doesn’t boot at all … :cry:
odroidHC4 is going to ebay now, not wanting to wait another year…
NCP is a great project, but it’s not for odroidHC4, I guess

btw, the result is identical with the NextCloudPi_OdroidHC2_10-08-21 on a odroidHC2 :cry: :cry:
so odroidHC 's are not supported anymore?
–correction:
after flashing NextCloudPi_OdroidHC2_11-27-20 and seeing the NCP in the net, I reflashed the SD with NextCloudPi_OdroidHC2_10-08-21 and this time it seems to work ?!?!

flashing the SD with Armbian_21.08.1_Odroidhc4_bullseye_current_5.10.60 works, however trying to install NCP with the curl command ends up with:

Installing NextCloudPi…
ERROR: distro not supported:
Armbian 21.08.3 Bullseye \l

sorry, but I’m very frustratected now…

Armbian odroidHC4
buster 5.10.y works with curl installation

well, I don’t own an odroid HC4 so I rely on user feedback, if instead of selling it on ebay you give me feedback then I can try to fix it for everyone

Sure, I’m glad to help,
what feedback do you need?
with the HC4 image the device does not boot at all

I bought an Odroid HC4 last week when I saw the new release 10-08-21. But unfortunately I get the same problem as FraZon. The device doesn’t boot. How can I give you a feedback nachoparker? Thanks

does the regular armbian image boot? I don’t have the board

FraZon

24d

Armbian odroidHC4
buster 5.10.y works with curl installation

I’d be more than happy to help with that.
tell me how to build the image, and I can do it and test it same time.

Yes. I tried Armbian_21.08.1_Odroidhc4_buster_current_5.10.60.img

I do run meanwhile a HC4 with NC and 2x 6TB, but I installed it by meyself.
If I can help with testing an image, just let me know!

does the one on ownyourbits.com/downloads work for you?

@nachoparker The current version for the Odroid HC4 seem obviously not working, when do you expect to release a new working version?

1 Like

you should remove the faulty image to prevent users from wasting their time to download and try

1 Like

The release 03-01-22 work

Thank you very much @nachoparker !

1 Like

I got Nextcloud(pi) running, thanks to @FraZon and @nachoparker!

One issue I cannot fix: nc-automount is activated but no HDD/SSD (even after nc-format-USB) is displayed (in SSH: df -h).

Edit: I installed the Armbian 22.02 Bullseye (Kernel 5.10.y) on HC2 and HC4 in parallel and got NCP via curl. SSH runs without problems. Disks are not detected by HC4: not depicted via SSH / “path does not exist” in WebGUI.

https://ownyourbits.com/downloads/NextCloudPi_OdroidHC4_03-01-22/

→ boots, starts up and detects HDDs on SATA
Thanks alot for this!

however, there seems to be an issue enabling SSH / i dont think this is oHC4 related, is it?

Mounting in SSH mount /dev/sda1 /media/myCloudDrive works.
Besides, nc-automount.service is active (running) and no errors are shown (systemctl status nc-automount).

However, after reboot sda1 (/media/myCloudDrive) and sdb1 (/media/XYZ) are not mounted anymore.

→ /etc/fstab

Hey guys,
I am quite new to this whole topic and installed the newest image on my hc4 and everything works fine. But there is quite a big catch in that the hc4 won’t recognise my HDD. Can somebody assist me to get my HDD up and running?
Thanks in advance