OCC dashboard command not working as documented

I am getting an error when trying to use the command: occ user:setting admin dashboard layout --value=“calendar,files,activity” as documented here:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/dashboard_configuration.html
When attempting to change an existing user’s dashboard with this command I receive the error: “The “–value” option does not exist.”
The other commands listed on that page work as documented. Is there an error in the documentation for that command or is there another way to update the layout of the dashboard for existing users?

The command you posted has 2 dashes (--value), the error you posted has only one (-value) - can you check what exactly you used?

The exact command:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ user:setting 8485b350-b990-11ec-80cb-0aca369ee89c dashboard layout --value="announcementcenter,collectives-recent-pages,activity,tasks,notes,deck,gitlab_todos,jira_notifications"
Error:
The "--value" option does not exist.

The second dash in the error is being trimmed upon posting my message, there are two shown and posted.

Therefore you must post such content between backticks “`” like I did for you. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. Indeed this seems to be a copy-and-paste error, can you try:

occ user:setting admin dashboard layout "calendar,files,activity" 

or

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ user:setting 8485b350-b990-11ec-80cb-0aca369ee89c dashboard layout "announcementcenter,collectives-recent-pages,activity,tasks,notes,deck,gitlab_todos,jira_notifications"

in your case.

That worked, thank you!

Doc fix at fix(docs): Fix occ example for dashboard layout by SystemKeeper · Pull Request #11843 · nextcloud/documentation · GitHub

2 Likes