Oauth to allow nextcloud users to connect on Wordpress

Hi everybody,

Is anyone tryed to connect nextcloud with wordpress using oauth or anything else ?
I am trying to allow nextcloud users to use their same login/password to publish on Wordpress.
I always get an invalid token messageā€¦

I dont want to manage 2 different list of users.

How can I do this ?

Thanks

You can use an LDAP (Active Directory) user database on bothā€¦

thank you but itā€™s impossible for me to implement this kind of service on my provider platform.

Might do the trick, but I have not tested it myself yet.

Iā€™ve tried the daggerhart/openid-connect-generic WP plugin with Nextcloud as OAuth2-Provider. No luck so far. Able to grant WP access to Nextcloud-OAuth and authenticate user via Nextcloud login screen, but I then get stuck on exactly the same ā€˜invalid-token-responseā€™ error as described by someone else here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62931154/error-invalid-token-response-wordpress-5-4-2-oauth2-client-nextcloud-19

We successfully added OAuth authentication via Nextcloud to our FrontDoor Inbox (SaaS Ticket System) service.

We have been looking at doing this as a WordPress plugin as well. But there should be plenty of OAuth plugins already available for WordPress, maybe have a look at how theyā€™re doing it?

Actually there are just 2 OAUTH SERVER plugins for wordpressā€¦ and none of those work with nextcloud out of the box.

There is plenty of oauth client, but providers I just could find 3, one doesnt even instakll in the lateste wordpress yet.

Im weeks trying to get it to work.

I know itā€™s an old thread but this page kept coming up when I was searching for a way to login to WordPress with Nextcloud, needless to say, I couldnā€™t get any of the generic plugins to work so I built my own Tim's Nextcloud SSO OAuth2 ā€“ WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
It is new so if you do have any problems just reach out.

I havenā€™t been able to with all of the above either, even with
Timā€™s Nextcloud SSO OAuth2 ā€“ WordPress plugin | WordPress.org, indicated by Timoxendale

However, I have done very well with OAuth Single Sign On ā€“ SSO (OAuth Client) By miniOrange from wordpress.org. Installation is very simple, step by step.

So, you are saying this is working for you.

Yes, this works perfectly.
Also, I use WPS Hide Login to easily and securely change the URL of the login form page in Wordpress, and with this miniOrange plugin I have no problem identifying myself with Nextcloud.

I know this is an old thread, but Iā€™m attempting the same thing.

Iā€™ve tried all the suggestions here, and love how easy Timā€™s Nextcloud SSO OAuth2 ā€“ WordPress plugin | WordPress.org is to set up. The problem is that I keep getting ā€œUnrecognised response when requesting Nextcloud user dataā€ every time I try to log in.

None of the others work eitherā€¦

Currently testing on WP6.4.3 and NC28.0.2

I have nothing in the NC logs to give me a path to troubleshoot, but the debug logs gave this response:

[2024-02-18 21:09:48] URL: https://[domain]/ocs/v2.php/cloud/user?format=json, Response: {"ocs":{"met\
a":{"status":"failure","statuscode":997,"message":"Current user is not logged in"},"data":[]}}
[2024-02-18 21:09:48] Unrecognised response when requesting Nextcloud user data, response: {"ocs":{"meta":{"stat\
us":"failure","statuscode":997,"message":"Current user is not logged in"},"data":[]}}

Any idea whatā€™s going on?