NTFS share as data directory

I have Nextcloud 11 set up on Lubuntu. I want to use NTFS disk on other machine to be used as data directory for Nextcloud. I have tried to mount the disc in fstab. I can access it in Lubuntu but cannot access in Nextcloud. Is it actually possible?

If the disk is used on an other system, you need to connect it through your network (e.g. ssh, nfs, samba, …), you can of course use them to mount the storage into your file system.

I tried to connect the NTFS share vis fstab (cifs) but I get error:
Data directory (/mnt/data) is readable for other users

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.

You can set this in your fstab-file:

//192.168.0.110/backup /var/backup cifs username=someuser,password=somepass,network,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,noperm

just this file_mode and dir_mode.

I’m sorry for reviving this old thread. But I have been struggling with almost an identical problem. Only I have a NFS mount (from openmediavault NFS share) in my fstab file instead if CIFS like in the post above.

I also have the error about 770 directory permissions. But I cannot seen to change it after the nfs share has been mounted. Also, I see the /media/nextcloud-data is owned by root-root and not by www-data. Not sure if that is a problem as well.

Basically I wonder how I have to mount the NFS share in fstab to get the correct 770 permissions.

Thabks in advance.