Notify-push - Invalid credentials in Nextcloud AIO

Support intro

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): Nextcloud AIO v6.3.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache , not find
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.1.21

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I noticed that I no longer received backup and update notifications from my Nextcloud AIO instance on my smartphone with the Nextcloud application.

After some investigation on my part, I have this log which appears in my “notify-push” container.

[2023-08-12 08:39:37.434987 +00:00] WARN [notify_push::connection] src/connection.rs:75: Invalid credentials
[2023-08-12 08:39:37.564506 +00:00] WARN [notify_push::connection] src/connection.rs:75: Invalid credentials

I admit that I do not know what credentials this concerns, no modification has taken place on my part.
After doing some research, I found this topic rather similar to mine: Notify_push Invalid credentials warning

Unfortunately when I try to apply this type of command to my infra I do not have the same expected results.

docker exec --user www-data -it nextcloud-aio-nextcloud php occ notify_push:setup
This setup wizard is intended for use on single server instances
where the nextcloud server, web server/reverse proxy and push daemon all run on the same machine.
If your setup is more complex or involves any kind of load balancing
you should follow the manual setup instruction on the README instead
https://github.com/nextcloud/notify_push
Press enter to continue or ESC to cancel...

🗴 your system doesn't seem to be using systemd.
  See the steps in the README for manual setup instructions: https://github.com/nextcloud/notify_push

and

docker exec --user www-data -it nextcloud-aio-nextcloud php occ notify_push:self-test
✓ redis is configured
✓ push server is receiving redis messages
✓ push server can load mount info from database
✓ push server can connect to the Nextcloud server
🗴 push server is not a trusted proxy, please add '127.0.0.1' to the list of trusted proxies or configure any existing reverse proxy to forward the 'x-forwarded-for' send by the push server.
  See https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/reverse_proxy_configuration.html#defining-trusted-proxies for how to set trusted proxies.
  The following trusted proxies are currently configured: "127.0.0.1", "::1"
  The following x-forwarded-for header was received by Nextcloud: 172.22.0.8, 172.22.0.1
    from the following remote: 127.0.0.1

If you're having issues getting the trusted proxy setup working, you can try bypassing any existing reverse proxy
  in your setup by setting the `NEXTCLOUD_URL` environment variable to point directly to the internal Nextcloud webserver url
  (You will still need the ip address of the push server added as trusted proxy)

and

docker exec --user www-data -it nextcloud-aio-nextcloud php occ notify_push:metrics
Active connection count: 5
Total connection count: 14
Total database query count: 29
Events received: 221
Messages sent: 168

For additional information, on the Talk side all works very well in terms of notifications.
Thanks in advance for any help or information.

Regards,

Hi, can you first check if backup and update notifications are shown in the web interface?

Hi,
I confirm that the backup notifications appear well from the web interface.

Then it seems to be a problem with push-notifications which are not send via notify-push but instead via push.nextcloud.com.

Can you try to recreate the admin account in thr android/ios app and check if push notifications work again afterwards?

Ok, I’m not sure I understand exactly what you mean.
This is how I interpret it: Do I have to delete my admin account from my Nextcloud application on my smartphone and then re-register it?
If so, I just did.

Regards,

Yes, correct

1 Like

Hi,

After performing the manipulation. I confirm that I received the backup notification this morning. This is very good news because it is very practical as a feature.

Again a big thank you to you @szaimen .

Regards,

1 Like

I tried this on my phone but it didn’t work. I’m still getting the Invalid credentials warnings

I have 8 users on PCs and 2 on phones, I deleted and recreated the log in for phones but not for the desktops as there is huge amount of data there and to resync all desktops will be incredible down time for us as the data is linked to services.

./occ notify_push:self-test
✓ redis is configured
✓ push server is receiving redis messages
✓ push server can load mount info from database
✓ push server can connect to the Nextcloud server
✓ push server is a trusted proxy
✓ push server is running the same version as the app