Notifications mess

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 27.1.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): 22.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.52
PHP version (eg, 7.4): PHP 8.1.2

The issue you are facing:

I have searched high and low and I can’t figure it out. I am admin, I have a user who is not. I am her user manager. We are both members of a group “Producers”. We are both connected to NExtcloud via a browser on a desktop PC. She sees EVERYTHING I do - all activities and receives notifications from Talk etc. I see nothing - no activities AT ALL, except my own AND I receive no notifications from TALK. Please tell me what is the hell and how to fix.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Login
  2. Check notifications and activity
  3. See no notifications and activities ONLY by me

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

Does she see things that should be private/only in your account? Or are you just saying she receives notifications and you do not?

She sees all actions hers and mine. I receive no notifications of her actions and the activity app shows nothing except for my own activities. I also do not receive notifications from Talk chats. As for “private” I don’t think she can see anything from that. But she sees my action on the folders and files in external storage that is attached to a group we are both members of, which I do not see.

occ notifications:test-push MY_USERNAME

works just fine - but it is the only notification I receive