Notes not refreshing

Hi all,

On a self hosted installation of latest Nextcloud, Notes app is working fine apart from the fact that it doesn’t refresh at all and need to refresh manually each time to see changes when I add a new note (edit works fine).
The exception from logs is as below:

{"reqId":"ZbjC55-63FH5ttom-GdSmgAAix0","level":3,"time":"2024-01-30T11:35:35+02:00","remoteAddr":"178.147.120.216","user":"myusername","app":"notes","method":"GET","url":"/index.php/apps/notes/notes/13807","message":"Controller failed with OCA\\Notes\\Service\\NoteDoesNotExistException","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.15; rv:122.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/122.0","version":"28.0.1.1","exception":{"Exception":"OCA\\Notes\\Service\\NoteDoesNotExistException","Message":"","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/apps/notes/lib/Service/NotesService.php","line":73,"function":"getFileById","class":"OCA\\Notes\\Service\\NotesService","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/apps/notes/lib/Controller/NotesController.php","line":138,"function":"get","class":"OCA\\Notes\\Service\\NotesService","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/apps/notes/lib/Service/Util.php","line":26,"function":"OCA\\Notes\\Controller\\{closure}","class":"OCA\\Notes\\Controller\\NotesController","type":"->","args":["*** sensitive parameters replaced ***"]},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/apps/notes/lib/Controller/Helper.php","line":140,"function":"retryIfLocked","class":"OCA\\Notes\\Service\\Util","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/apps/notes/lib/Controller/NotesController.php","line":137,"function":"handleErrorResponse","class":"OCA\\Notes\\Controller\\Helper","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":230,"function":"get","class":"OCA\\Notes\\Controller\\NotesController","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":137,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":184,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\Http\\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":315,"function":"main","class":"OC\\AppFramework\\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/lib/base.php","line":1069,"function":"match","class":"OC\\Route\\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/index.php","line":39,"function":"handleRequest","class":"OC","type":"::"}],"File":"/var/www/clients/client1/web129/web/apps/notes/lib/Service/NotesService.php","Line":219,"message":"Controller failed with OCA\\Notes\\Service\\NoteDoesNotExistException","exception":{},"CustomMessage":"Controller failed with OCA\\Notes\\Service\\NoteDoesNotExistException"}}

Any help is very much appreciated.

PHP is 8.2 on Debian 12.

I got the exact same problem, no clue what’s happening.

Debian 12 and PHP 8.2.18 too

I seem to have the same issue. I’m using the latest Nextcloud AIO release, which seems to be working perfectly everywhere except Notes on the web.

If I create a new note for instance, the URL changes to reflect the action but otherwise nothing appears until I refresh the page.

The same issue occurs if I try to change the category of a note.

I don’t see any obvious errors in the web log during this process unless I try to perform an action on something that hasn’t refreshed, like trying to delete a note I’ve already deleted.

I can edit a note without any issues, and can even rename them. It’s just the specific actions above that misbehave.

Oh, deleted notes disapear as they should, but it looks like the editor tries to load it anyway before throwing a “Failed to load file: No permission to access this file” error. This seems to correspond with two errors in the log:

InvalidArgumentException No proper share data

NotFoundException No permission to access this file
No permission to access this file

Exact same problem on nextcloud 28.0.4 and notes 4.9.4 - very annoying.