Not able to user users by name since merge activity comments

Hello,

The issue you are facing: can’t use @ and Name vor comments in Activity since comments and activities where merged together.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): y

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 28.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.57-2
PHP version (eg, 7.4): PHP 8.2.7

In our Nextcloud setup, user accounts are sourced from LDAP. Previously, users were displayed with their “Display Name” (real name) and a UUID beneath it in the user section. Moreover, the folders within /var/www/html/nextcloud/data also utilized UUIDs. However, this setup did not cause any issues since, in the old comment field, users could be found using their real name, displayed as ‘@givenname surname’ rather than ‘@UUID’.

This scenario applies to our test Nextcloud instance. Our production version has not yet been upgraded to version 28.x, but everything worked as expected there. I conducted some experiments with this test Nextcloud instance: under the LDAP Integration expert tab, I specified ‘sAMAccountName’ as the ‘Internal Username Attribute’ and cleared the LDAP mapping, despite warnings against doing so in a production environment. This change led to an interesting outcome: it became possible to search for usernames and use them after an ‘@’. However, this resulted in the test user receiving a completely new folder named after their username. Consequently, all files remained in the original folder labeled with the UUID and were no longer accessible to the test user. Although it might be feasible to move the files around, this task is complicated by the fact that the CalDAV URL no longer includes the UUID, necessitating changes on all user devices. Additionally, while it was possible to utilize the usernames, they did not appear in the user search; only the default 2-letter icon was displayed.

Now, I am somewhat perplexed. Is there a way to revert to the previous behavior in the Activities section when writing a comment, considering users are familiar with names, not UUIDs?

This is how it looks, the search window looks like this
comment1
After I click on a user I see the UUID (last part is redacted
comment2

Greetings