Not able to delete multiple files from trashbin

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version 22.2.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 8.0.3

The issue you are facing: Not able to delete multiple files from the trashbin. Deleting one file at a time works but I’m not able to select multiple files.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Log into the WebUI
  2. Go into the Deleted Files
  3. Select 2x file, select delete permanently , system deletes the first file but then hangs and prompts me with “Error while removing files from trashbin”

From looking at previous questions it appears this is a known issue, I was just looking to see if there is any update on this?

Is no one else having this issue with the deleted folder?

What I find very strange is this in any other folder other then the trashbin “Deleted Files” I can delete as many files as I want, at the same time.

I remember this issue - never find time to look on it deeper… but right now can’t reproduce it anymore -NC 23.0.3/Docker/Apache - removing older files from trashbin works as expected.

P.S. recent improvement: disabled dashboard app which I found not such useful but causing significant slowdown of the system

wwe, thanks for the reply.
Upgraded to NC 23 last night. Deleting files form the trash bin is working but not fully working. Much better then before where it would fail if I selected two files. Now the limit seems to be five before it throws an error.
Thanks for the heads up on this one!

Thanks for the PS. I will try this after running NC 23 for a bit and see the change.